xisto Community
manuleka

Windows 7 Desktop Effects - Linux

Ok so i notice how boring it is using Windows Desktop and i'm wondering if there's any tweaks or tools out there (preferably free) that will allow me to have wobbly/snap window effects and some of those eye-candy stuff Compiz or most linux have availablecheers

Generally we call them Transformation Pack. Here are I am going to listing some of transformation pack that make you to have effect like Linux.

Ubuntu Transformation Pack by HYDRATTZ

Gnome Skin Pack 1.0

Ubuntu Skin Pack 8.0

But, before using them take backup of your system because I always have bad experiences of these type of modifications. I would suggest you test them on your virtual machine first. Those may also slow down your system.

If you want create your own you can take look at Skin Pack Installer System by hameddanger

Edited by agyat (see edit history)

manuleka, I am not really understand you very much. Could you explain me more with some example. It is more helpful me to understand If you tell me more about it.

I'm actually just after wobbly effect and snapping windows really... but i don't want a full skin for a whole new look and feel which seems to me that is what comes with the Ubuntu Skin/Themes packages on those linksTheres a Cube desktop tool for Windows but doesn't really come with the effects i'm after and it costs hehe

Ok, Here it is.

WindowsFx from stardock have the same effect that you want but still it costs. You can try and if like then buy.

But, I am sure there may be free solution for to get these type of effects. Let me to find out or to do some experiment.

Yes, I am always here to help you guys unless and until, I would not die . :(I have also found some more tools create such type of effects and are free. Currently, I am just playing with those tools to make my hands dirty with them.Whenever, I will pretty sure about those tools also update here too.