xisto Community
Ahsaniqbalkmc

Operating Your Android Phone From Pc

Nowadays there are so many gadgets lying around that sometimes it becomes quite difficult to manage all of them and there arises a need to make things more compact. This type of situation can arise when one is working on his computer and he also has to reply to text messages through his cell phone number.To make things more clear, I would give my personal example. Most of the time when I am working on my computer I can manage to check my cell phone every now and then and respond to calls or text messages but sometimes when I am doing tasks like typing or organizing things, I like to stick to my laptop and keyboard and the cell phone becomes a distraction.To make things easier for me I searched for a solution to merge the two devices together so that I can respond to calls and messages (and do loads of other stuff related to my cell phone) without going away from my laptop. I searched quite a lot throughout the play store and finally I found a reasonable app to make things easier for me. It is called Air Droid.The biggest reason I love this app is it is so simple to use. You don't need to install any pc server or other related software. All you need to do is install the 3mb app from the android market and you are good to go. Of course there are some pre requisites like your pc and mobile should be on the same network and your pc should have a browser installed on it but these things are very easy to arrange without any issue.So once the app is installed, you have to launch it. It will give you an address and a password. You have to enter the address into your browser and when the page loads, you will need to use the password to connect your mobile and pc.The interface is very elegant and yet easy to use. You can do almost every thing directly from you pc. You can reply to text messages, write new text messages, dial and receive calls, store files, manage pictures, add contacts etc etc. In short you can keep your mobile phone quietly in the pocket and whenever somene calls or there is a text message, not only you will be promptly notified, you can also give a proper response like attending the call or replying to the text message directly from your pc.Its really cool....

How do you attend the call? Speaking in the PC microphone and listening at the PC loudspeakers?

sounds like a fun way to make/receive phone-calls lol... i remember years back i use to own a Nokia phone which came with a PC app, i use to plug it in to the PC and send texts through PC interface/program - so much quicker to text by typing on keyboard hehe