xisto Community
manuleka

How To Add New Hard Disk As A Partition To Vmware Hard Drive [solved]

I've got a 60 GB VMware Workstation which runs Windows 7 Ultimate... now i'm wanting to expand my disk space by adding another 20GB as a new partition...so i'm wondering if anyone can give me a quick quide on a how-to on this cheers

You start vmware, you go to your partition (without startiting the partition), you go to settings, disks, add a disk, and you choose where the disk will bee on the physical machine, you choose the size, and that's all.You will see that the virtual machine will have a new disk when you will start the VM.Of course, this will be a blank disk, exactly as whe you add a physical disk to a physical machine. You will have to initialize the disk, create the primary partition and format it.

You start vmware, you go to your partition (without startiting the partition), you go to settings, disks, add a disk, and you choose where the disk will bee on the physical machine, you choose the size, and that's all. You will see that the virtual machine will have a new disk when you will start the VM. Of course, this will be a blank disk, exactly as whe you add a physical disk to a physical machine. You will have to initialize the disk, create the primary partition and format it.

thanks yordan... so i would need to initialize this and format it just like a normal new added hard drive i suppose?

thanks yordan... so i would need to initialize this and format it just like a normal new added hard drive i suppose?

Precisely.
And also, remember, exactly as like a normal added hard drive, you can give it to another virtual machine, and then if you already initialized and formatted it, the other virtual machine will find it already initialized and formatted.