xisto Community
ritu

Microsoft Comes Up With Windows Phone 8

Adding another laurel to its journey of success,Microsoft lifted the veil to display the next generation smartphone operating system,Windows Phone 8.There are a few remarkable updations in the hardware structure like multicore processors support,NFC,memeory slots which are expandable and enhanced screen resolutions(1,280*720--pixel HD)
The start screen has been redesigned to enable the modification of the size of every live tile to one of the size options provided,another added feature is the introduction of support for new color themes.As a purchase app,a"wallet" is included for storage considered sensitive.Moreover,one doesn't have to resort to the desktop to receive OS updates, it is well caught "over the air".

For more information, visit Microsoft Windows Phone 8

post-22568-1175991761_thumb.jpg

Can't really say whether the designer's really take what we would love into account, it seems they rather focus on the techno/phone war that they constantly have to sustain, and certainly those square shaped tiles are boring indeed.

This is part of the war : when I have to choose between several smartphones at similar prices, I will not choose the ugly one, I will take that one which has a nice design.

I hate these square tile icons! Is this really the new way designers think that we will love looking at our phones?

I am not a Windows phone fan (cuz I love my android phone) and I have never used a windows phone 7, 7.5 or 8 device but my opinion on the tile design is that "change is good". Well, that might not seem to be very much of a change, as older nokia phones also had tiles (not so sophisticated though) but the point is that in the smartphone universe, there are app icons everywhere. Iphone, blackberry, Android all use the app icons as a significant component. And it is human nature to fall in love with a change, so I think Microsoft have done a good job going away from the icon thing and introduction something new.

Additionally, the tiles are pretty smart (according to what I have read and seen online). They call it something like "interactive tiles" and rightfully so as they show the latest information to the user in a very handy way.

I won't be able to talk more about the tiles until I use one of windows phone myself and see how it really works and looks. But I really like the idea of going away from the traditional.
Edited by Ahsaniqbal111 (see edit history)