xisto Community
iGuest

Music Web Sites

I WANT TO MAKE MUSIC WEB SITE WHERE PEOPLE CAN DOWNLOAD MUSIC FROM MY SITE WHICH SOFTWARE USED FOR MYSQL IS RGHT CHOICE FOR IT

First of all, do you have permission for such a music site creation? Did you write all the songs, are you playing all the instruments? Else you don't have permission to do this on legit websites, no matter the way the mysql database is organized. <_<

You could give kPlaylist a try. It is a PHP and mySQL based script with a javascript player for music files (mp3, wav, etc). You can upload your music to your server and your clients could listen these songs

kPlaylist : http://www.kplaylist.net/

Also if you know PHP and mySQL then you can create a server side script for playing music and use jPlayer on the client side. jPlayer is a HTML5 javascript media player library with flash fallback and javascript support.

jPlayer : http://www.jplayer.org/

Also take care about the copyright and don't upload copyrighted music illegally. You can upload your own music creation or non-copyrighted music to a website but for copyrighted music you will require permission from the authority concerned (artists, labels). If you want to have copyrighted music illegally on your website then I strongly recommend that you should not do so as it would land you in trouble.

Thank You

Can you give a little more detail as to what you are wanting to do. I mean how many downloads are you expecting, How many songs are you wanting to host. And do you want to charge.I personally would check with your hosting provider first to make sure that audio storage and distribution does not violate their terms and conditions. Most hosting providers especially "unlimited" host do not allow this. Also do not do anything illegal and get yourself in trouble. Music labels are not giving empty threats anymore