xisto Community
iGuest

Finding The Location Of Data Stored In Small Setup Cloud Environment

hi , I am doing my Master thesis on Cloud Computing for that I have to create a small setup cloud environment and find out the location of data. Can any one help me out of thisThank you.

Ouch!First of all you have to make your thoughts strong about what you name cloud.What is a cloud, in your opinion?What is the purpose of your cloud? Of course, flying far above our heads, over the rainbow, in the sky.But, what else?What would be the purpose of your thing? Which services do you think you will be able to offer? Using which physical means and which environmental settings? Who will use these servies, and how will your customers access them?You could have a look at the way Xisto works. None of us really know where the things are and how they work, we simply order a service (a website, with it's database and php servers, and the disk storage are somewhere we don't care, we simply order more services if we want more, and the backups are made by some mysterious crontabs administrated by some invisible teams.Of course you will have to read some books concerning the definition of the various standard clouds (private, public, mixed clouds) and define what purpose is yours, before thinking how to really setup a cloud.