xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
manuleka

Opera Lagging A Lot Playing Flash Videos

I'm currently using the latest version of Opera 11 on my Windows XP system and i realise that playing flash videos on the browser tends to lag quite often...i reside to Chrome browser when-ever i want to properly view sites like Youtube...does anyone else experience this?Chrome seems to play flash files quite perfectly well...

I am using the portable edition of the opera on my windows desktop. So my experience is kinda different compared to you. It could be platform specific bug and that is why it is hard to comment on it. I guess you're using linux (mint) and running opera? or using windows 7 ? Depending on that things may change because of the way memory management issue is tackled.In my case when turbo opera is ON, then most of the youtube videos lag and also take some time to load the page. I have never noticed that with turbo OFF. So make sure you check this and see if the results are like me or different. I don't know if you're using turbo but most of the time non-video and non flash based sites open a lot quickly in opera.That aside, are you using any plugins or say addons on opera? If yes, then do use it without them and see if it speeds up the things. Most likely it will also change the things. If all this fails, ask in the opera community. Do give them your system specs - especially RAM, OS and processor speed. Sorry can't help anymore than this.

I am using the portable edition of the opera on my windows desktop. So my experience is kinda different compared to you. It could be platform specific bug and that is why it is hard to comment on it. I guess you're using linux (mint) and running opera? or using windows 7 ? Depending on that things may change because of the way memory management issue is tackled.
In my case when turbo opera is ON, then most of the youtube videos lag and also take some time to load the page. I have never noticed that with turbo OFF. So make sure you check this and see if the results are like me or different. I don't know if you're using turbo but most of the time non-video and non flash based sites open a lot quickly in opera.

That aside, are you using any plugins or say addons on opera? If yes, then do use it without them and see if it speeds up the things. Most likely it will also change the things. If all this fails, ask in the opera community. Do give them your system specs - especially RAM, OS and processor speed. Sorry can't help anymore than this.

i'll try turning turbo off - it's on auto so it kicks in every now and then when it thinks the Network is slow... this is on Windows XP, i have updated the flash player so it could be just Opera being a b!%*h lol...

I don't know if it applicable to the windows users. But if you're using chrome or firefox on linux then you need to check the news. The adobe team that works on flash is now going to close the support for the flash in linux. In that case they may offer support only for the chrome by some odd means. I don't know if it secret deal from google to attract linux users to use flash on their distros.

You can read more about it here. So I take that flash will continue to have some issues on browsers any other than chrome. I think this was done purposefully as flash developers are going to enforce premium content platform soon and that could be the reason they're removing open platform relation, be it linux or any other platform.