xisto Community
Ahsaniqbalkmc

Access A Website Created Locally On A Virtual Machine From The Host Machine

Unfortunately, I was also unable to resolve he same issue on my setup. So eventually, I ended up instally wamp on my primary OS (windows 7) and then I shifted all of my work to it. Now all my development is going on in the primary OS.Your case seems different. I was working with virtual machines but you appear to be working with actual machines so you got to resolve this issue. I will be very interested in knowing how you resolve it, as it might help me big time for my future needs.

yes actual machines but with Linux HTTP Server running Wordpress... i don't know why and right now i don't have the time to try and do some research on the issue...

Sorry, but this is a false problem.virtual machines are installed exactly the same way as physical machines.That's why for instance you can perform a PtoV migration, in order to move all your system from your actual machine to a virtual machine.This means that, in my opinion, if you do simultaneously the installation on both systems (one virtual Linux machine and a physical PC), you boot from the same CD during operating system install and you catch your rpms from the same fileserver, you will reach exactly the same system state, and your LAMP application will fail the same way on both physical and virtual machine.The only difference between a physical system and a virtual machine is inside the drivers, which are not part in our webhost configuration problem.

i always thought its something to do with the settings on the Linux Machine Server... i will have to re-create this setup when i have time just to find out what's really the issue

will have to re-create this setup when i have time just to find out what's really the issue

I am desperately waiting to know your research on the problem as mine have led me to no conclusion.

sorry still haven't got enough FREE time to re-create the old set up i had.... will update once i get around to it... did you manage to find anymore info or solution to the issue?

Unfortunately I was not successful and as I stated earlier, I gave on the setup. I shifted my server to my host machine and then started my work directly on that. I will definitely give it a try sooner or later just to know how windows-linux networking and linux servers work.