xisto Community
iGuest

Dell Inspiron 1545 Password Authentication System

I have just purchased a dell inspiron 1545 from a friend and it wont boot up. It keeps coming up with a message regarding "password authentication system". #7CMGZJ1-595B. I spent 45 minutes on the phone being shunted about from person to person before being told the machine was gubbed. I would appeciate any help anyone can give me.

I have Dell Studio laptop and was ancountered with same problem once. And my laptop was in warranty period, so i had make a call to service center. Service center represantative replied that is due to of that Primary harddisk is password protected. so he suggested me to remove passward going through the BIOS setup.Definitely there is a option of password in BIOS , so just find that option and remove all passwords from there.

Hi,

I had the same problem with my Dell Inspiron 1300 and fixed it, but I don't know what you mean by the term "gubbed" My problem came after I replaced the screen with a new one. I hope you've fixed the problem, since you have not came back to the forum.