xisto Community
velma

Phpb2B Installation Error Write_File_Error_And_Retry [Solved] Anyone got this? Any fixes?

Firstly can a moderator have this moved into a correct department/forum? I am not sure where to add this :unsure:So a friend decided to try a b2b software called "phpb2b". During Installation, he came across the write_file_error_and_retry problem. An earlier version got installed without a hitch but its the latest version that is causing a problem. File permissions seem to be correct yet the same error keeps popping up, recreating a sub domain did not work nor did re-adding a database and I am clueless about the software...Has anyone ever come across this error? Any solutions (Due to privacy reasons, my friend doesn't want to reveal the domain)

Looks like a Linux/unix error : the user who writes the file is probably not the user who owns the folder.Did you try a "chmod -R 777 ." on the top installation folder, just for test purposes? Whis will allow any process to write down any file. Just to see if the install goes up to end, after that put less permissive chmod. :unsure:

permission error - may be a re-look to the new versions info... there might be changes that requires extra look in to before updating...

It's not a "new version" problem, because it also appears after a fresh install.

It's not a "new version" problem, because it also appears after a fresh install.

goes back to permission settings on server side - i mean there might be new fixes/changes to the new version package that requires extra alterations to file permissions on local server - just a 2 cent guess

just a 2 cent guess

You are right, each suggestion has to be taken into account, and the problem really looks like a permission issue.By the way, did you dismount all your network disks? No FTP disks, no remote-mount folders?

This is a somehow violent solution, it's a "chmod 777", but it works.A smarter solution is to read the install doc, which says the permissions to be set on some temp folders.The reason for the problem is that the owner of the files, the guy who did the ftp, is not the user who starts php and mysql.You know, Unix has rather few protections, but enough for preventing us from working comfortably! :P

Hi frnds, make sure that the writeable directory: configs , data , attachment are permitted its sub directory also writable.then you can resolve by just refreshing the page.Cheers !!!

You are right, each suggestion has to be taken into account, and the problem really looks like a permission issue.By the way, did you dismount all your network disks? No FTP disks, no remote-mount folders?

Thanks its work now

Firstly can a moderator have this moved into a correct department/forum? I am not sure where to add this :lol:
So a friend decided to try a b2b software called "phpb2b". During Installation, he came across the write_file_error_and_retry problem. An earlier version got installed without a hitch but its the latest version that is causing a problem. File permissions seem to be correct yet the same error keeps popping up, recreating a sub domain did not work nor did re-adding a database and I am clueless about the software...

Has anyone ever come across this error? Any solutions (Due to privacy reasons, my friend doesn't want to reveal the domain)

Try and make the sub directories of data folder to chmod 777 .This solves the problem