xisto Community
manuleka

Nokia's Flexible Oled...

Yeah, seems a nice step toward electronical paper for privite personal usage.I dislike the need to use both hands for manipulating it, but for outside usage when weather is cold, why not?

yes two hands seems more work compared to finger tips... but i guess as mentioned above, outdoor use this bending system can be quite useful... for example, in weather conditions where finger tip swipes wouldn't be well applicable or accurate

yes two hands seems more work compared to finger tips... but i guess as mentioned above, outdoor use this bending system can be quite useful... for example, in weather conditions where finger tip swipes wouldn't be well applicable or accurate

I guess that these weather conditions would make you avoid using your smarphone. :unsure:

Man technology is moving too fast these days. I wouldn't be surprised if they come up with paper displays in the shape of ipad. I mean that is one possibility too. I don't know the quality of the display in that case but it could get close to kindle atleast. As for now they still have the support of other hardware components for the holding and the connection purpose. I think i should wait till they make paper display so cool, that they're indeed like paper. :unsure: Just saw the launch of nokia luma and asha on youtube. These are some cool phones and are surely going to put competition against android and iphone. I didnt felt the UI of mango cool but atleast it is attractive due to tiles and the easy accessibility of the windows. This current prototype in the gsm arena looks good to me, i hope they bring public display soon so that we get some videos for this. Thanks for the share, made me interested in phones again.

@starscream... no problem :unsure: yes technology is booming... was looking at some videos on the new Nokia N9, looks amazing... that phone would've been awesome if it was running on Android though hehe

I actually found this a fun phone to have, for regular users yes I understand it can be bothersome to use two hands for manipulation but for people like me who use a cell phone only when sitting down, I think I would keep myself entertained for a really long time with a phone like that :unsure:As for lumia and asha, pretty excited but the design for asha really put me off, Lumia I don't mind, just need to find myself a sponsor now ;)

i'm sure there will be a useful and fun way of utilizing this bend feature for gaming and other applications... touch screen is now a norm, need something new to excite our tech-hungry eyes and cravings lol