xisto Community
manuleka

Windows Setup Cannot See Hdd [solved]

so i'm doing a fresh install of Windows XP on a laptop, but setup can't see the HDD... i ran Bodhi live and it recognizes the 60GB disk, so i installed it and it runs fine... could this be a driver issue?

Look on the manufacturer's website if this laptop is usually sold with Windows XP.They probably have a custom XP install disk.

thanks yordan, this laptop shipped with Vista... it's an Acer Aspire 5810TG, but replaced the malfunctioned HDD

slipstreaming? i might try nLite and integrate the chipset driver (i'm guessing it's a Storage Controller issue)
Edited by manuleka (see edit history)

shipped with Vista? what about booting on a Vista DVD and see how it behaves?

unfortunately i no longer have the media! it's an old piece that has lying in storage for sometime now (may be a year or two)

just trying to breathe life back into it :unsure:
Edited by manuleka (see edit history)

thanks yordan :unsure: now everything runs well... but with one problem, the laptop runs on dual GPU - ATI HD 4330 and Intel Onboard... at the moment it's running only on intel as XP Driver for HD 4330 dosen't exist...

i have tried mobility modder:
http://www.hardwareheaven.com/tools/

and followed these as well
http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=325619
which enables windows XP to recognize the existence of the ATI GPU but unsure if it's actually running it or not!