xisto Community
Feelay

Firefox - Group Tabs. Your Opinion?

I've recently discovered the huge advantage of being able to group tabs in Firefox. I'm not quite sure when this new function got implemented, but I have to say that I love it.
I usually have about 50 tabs open, and when they are all in the same window, I have to say I can hardly find anything. With groups, I can name every group and easily switch from a group to another.

In my case , I have one group for communities, while I have another group for web development, a group for Grooveshark (I like it when I don't have any other tabs open other than the music player so that I can easily switch to it, and then I have 5 other groups. I have to say that this has made my life so much easier.

The only thing that I'm actually missing (I don't even know, maybe it's possible, I haven't looked into it), is the possibility to switch groups with given keyboard macros.

What's your opinion about this grouping function in Firefox? Does it make life easier for you? Share your opinions! :unsure:
(For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about, check this link: Mozilla support: What are Tab Groups?

Regards,
/Feelay

Edited by Feelay (see edit history)

I guess that you never close your tabs?When you close Firefox, I suppose that you don't let Firefox automatically close all your tabs?Or you open each tab each morning when you powerup your PC ?

I never close my tabs, unless I'm certain that I don't need them anymore, (: (Could take weeks before I make that decision).And yes, I make Firefox save my session each time I close it, (:

I've never figured out how to use that feature and I don't think it's very helpful anyways, I don't know if there was a similar feature in IE7 but I can't find the tab preview page in IE9 either. Anyways my primary browser is Chrome but I still occasionally use Firefox.I might have many tabs open but finding things has never been a problem...

try Opera, it's a feature it's been using for sometime now... not sure which version it started on thoughi've been using Opera for sometime now, and with Google Chromium (Chrome in Windows) i use them interchangeably