xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
manuleka

Looking To Buy An Amd Fusion Laptop

i'm just curious if anyone here has bought or used an AMD Fusion laptop...i'm looking into purchasing a new laptop but wanna see what you guys opinions are on this technology.i will be mostly using the laptop for web browsing and multimedia tasks like playing music and watching DVDs...and definitely play warcraft ;)cheers

I guess there is always alienware if your budget sets. They have AMD based and Intel based PCs or laptops. You get windows pre-installed by the way. Not sure you being linux user like that. I don't know if they have linux based PCs cause these laptops from them are for gaming purpose. So there is always chance of using the windows operating system for their installation which is default. Also these laptops and pcs are highly expensive as they are using expensive hardware inside. I don't know any suitable place to se4arch for the review of these laptops than "anandtech" or "toms hardware". These are the places where you can ask for the review and other help. You're likely to get that funds for sure. I tried asking on their forums, sometimes help is good on their forums.

thanks starscream will look into those sites... fusion interests me, because if successful it will be the path for future CPU+GPU (APU)..i still remember back in 2003 when AMD brought out their AMD64 CPUs which whoop Intel's highly overated high clocked CPUs at the time... now they have been lingering behind Intel shadow for sometime, hopefully this fusion technology will bring them back to the light of fame once againi guess this was one of the reasons why AMD acquired ATI