xisto Community
manuleka

Universal Charger For Laptops?

a great number of mobile devices companies agreed on a standard universal charger - micro-usb
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

but how about laptops? i've got three laptops here with me... all with different charging tips and power ratings... and it's a nightmare when these adapters or tips malfunctions...

three different adaptors... very similar laptops in system specification but different brands hence different adapters and connection tips...

I wish there was an universal charger, not just for laptops, but for most devices, as I have lots of devices and for every device you have a charger, for a laptop, for several phones if they're different brand or models with different chargers, it's a pain to have all of them ;)Even a projector which can be charged has it's own charger, it would be much more convenient to have universal charges, maybe some time in the future? Even though for now it seems to be quite a problem, due to different standards and etc. Even TV seems to be universal and can automatically recognize a lot of things, but it doesn't always work, depending on the country.

A new standard seems to emerge. For devices which don't need a lot of instant power, USB charger seems to be very comfortable.The same charger for the phone, for the GPS, for the mp3 player. A single charger in your handbag, a single 12V charger in your car, it's perfect.