xisto Community
manuleka

Plugins For Mht Webfiles On Google Chrome

i've realised that my saved pages of mht format can't be opened with Google Chrome (currently version 11) and i can't save to this archiving format... does anyone know any plugins that i can use on Google Chrome to enable this format compatibility?i can save the complete page with media (pics,links etc) but it's much tidier if saved in archive mht which ends up with just one file per page

As of February 2011, Google Chrome does not support viewing or saving MHTML files. However, ChromePlus version 1.5.2 released on 6 of Jan 2011 does support MHTML file format.

Besides all versions of Microsoft Word since Word 2002 can open and save MHTML documents, Opera can do it, but as I know MHTML is not so standardized and on different browsers or different third party software can look different.. It's something was was made for IE and I guess it may be convenient, but I think it should be viewed by what it was saved. If you're using Opera to save as MHT, then use Opera to view it, if IE, the same.. But try ChromePlus, maybe it will work for you?

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ it's the same engine, but not the same GUI as google chrome and usually includes older version of the engine...

More about the MHTML format: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MHTML

Edited by Quatrux (see edit history)

i find the mht format quite good for saving pages for later viewing (off-line) or to be stored on USB for later use... it saves to just one file instead of the normal html saving format where it creates extra folders for images and other media

Firefox has a nice mht plugin.. try that.. called unMHT.. works fine for me..
don't know if google allows 3rd party plugins to be added to chrome..
but they should..

i've realised that my saved pages of mht format can't be opened with Google Chrome (currently version 11) and i can't save to this archiving format...
does anyone know any plugins that i can use on Google Chrome to enable this format compatibility?

i can save the complete page with media (pics,links etc) but it's much tidier if saved in archive mht which ends up with just one file per page

Firefox has a nice mht plugin.. try that.. called unMHT.. works fine for me..don't know if google allows 3rd party plugins to be added to chrome..
but they should..

thanks... i will look into that shortly