xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
infotornix

Mybb

Well its a good seo friendly and simple to use .Today most and lots of free hosting company (including my) uses this .This comes with lots of plugins and simple forum and advertisement plugins.its opensource so we can do what ever we want with it.Its really easy to use and you can manage it easily at your own.So keed doing it.download it from their site :-mybb.comso enjoy .

It is free and there are some nice themes there as well for this forum software. But it's not for professional sites and the customization is also not so easy. I like the way smileys and quick reply works on forum. But in comparison to SMF, i found that Mybb is much simple and easy to use. I don't know why few folks prefer to use phpbb and smf over mybb sometimes because if you want set and forget option then mybb is one good forum software. I know i advocate smf a lot but it's not getting updated on regular basis. Also the Version 2 is pending for it's version final release. I don't know when that will happen. Coming back to Mybb i think anyone with simple forum requirements should consider mybb and fluxbb for the forum usage. You'll also find some active users on their forums, which will help you for the plugins and other things related to the mybb.

Well i found that there are really nice thing you can do so easily, if u are a non programmer.So here some feature that make the mybb a awesome opensource software.Well if you want some plugins to add you just need an free ftp client. to upload and installation a plugins also prity simple just browse where you placed the mybb forum(in your server) and just upload the upload folder(please read readme file provided with the package for subfolder to upload) to there. and log on with your mod and activate the plugins to work with.Well you will get all the info in to the mybb.com forum and there you can download mod , theme , and use 3rd party integration.

I must agree... They are a good and dedicated community providing a fantastic open source forum :) Vote Up!