xisto Community
alam83

Best Graphic Card For Gamer?

I'm not satisfied with my Nvidia graphic card : nvlddmkm.sys bluescreen at each poweron. I don't know if I should replace with with a Nvidia one. So, "I don't know" is probably compatible with the "other" option of the current poll! :P

Well, i used ATI radeon before. No problem at all accept for when you change RGB cable, the card slightly move. Need to unplug the card and plug again. Other than that is no problem at all. Planning to get new graphic card. So want to know which one the best....ATI Radeon HD 6850 or Nvidia GeForce GTX 460...Hmm, don't know what to choose :P

Edited by alam83 (see edit history)

I always like NVidia cards... they are solid in my opinion.I'm considering getting the GTX570. Looks like a good card for graphic design and gaming. But the price is a bit too heavy now. Will have to wait until it drops to something affordable.

well i like my geforce card for gaming it may only be a 9600 gt with 512 mb of gddr3 memory but it does its job and i have not run into any problems with it, runs perfectly and with a good amount of cooling in my system it runs at good speeds as well, i remember when i first got it gta iv would not run very fast and the game lagged big time on some of the lowest settings now with the cooling it runs without lag at mid-high settings which i say is a good result. so don't forget don't just really on power and speed alone. if you don't have good cooling then the card will run slower to prevent damage through heat, the reason they run slower in my opinion is because they divert power to cooling so less power being drawn by the processor the card runs below expected speeds.although i would probably any day get a faster card just not this instant since mine currently runs most games, if say when i get crysis 2 if that does not run how i want it to then that will most likely be when i opt for an upgrade. at least by then nvidia will have released better cards meaning the ones that were the best are cheaper making it easier for me to upgrade mine. i say my experience with nividia has been good so i do not see the need to go to another company. if i do get a ati card then it will only be if i hear good things about them and if they are good at the time and if my local computer store sells then i will get one. funnily enough this is what got me into using nvidia cards purely because my favorite computer store sold only them. but now they sell only ati so you can guess what i will move to in the near future.

Not all of them. Mine died after less than one year. ;)

I think this is a problem from the manufacturer of those cards and not a problem of the GPU.Daily i use a Geforce 4 TI4200(AGPx4 64MB) from MSI since many years without any problems, but my brothers Geforce 4 TI4200(AGPx8 128) from Asus died years ago.

Dirk

Which one you prefer? If you choose other, please stat here. Thanks

Because i want a strong card for gaming and additional a card for to programm own applications which use the VBE3-Bios in 1920x1200x32 (the native widescreen resolution of my 28" LCD) i bought a Colorfull GTX 295.
Dirk

i've got an Nvidia 7300 GS 256MB and runs well... i can play warcraft III on it...although i'd prefer a better graphics cards, it's quite pointless upgrading it and having a low-end CPU and Board running with it... i like ATI but would prefer nVidia's top cardsnow AMD Fusions out...

Edited by manuleka (see edit history)