xisto Community
imjjss

How To Put A Game Online?

another possilbity is if you make your game in flash then you can embed it directly onto your website

I don't agree with such a way of doing.I'm lucky with the html approach, which makes your game playable by people having (almost) any kind of browser.
I don't agree with the flash way.
If my nephew goes to your site, my sister will see a "do you want to install Flash Player?"
She will call me, and I will answer "NO! Don't install anything if not needed".
And of course my office computer will not be able to use your website, which is not a problem because none of us uses to play during office hours! :P
So, apart of all jokes, from an architecture point of view, you probably want a lot of people to access your website. So you need your software to be playable by every PC, every Mac, or every Linux computer in the world. You should not choose a solution asking the home user to switch to a more recent browser or to install Adobe Flash Player, or even to install your own .exe file.
Just imagine if somebody has a virus disaster a couple of hours after having install your .exe, you will be in trouble. At least a bad reputation (thrown on all gamers forums), and possibly fined if the virus disastered guy gets so angry that the goes to court! :P
So, if I was not clear enough, thinking from the very beginning of the architecture and feasibility study, keep as simple as possible and as danger-less as possible, even from paranoid users!
Regards
Yordan

well i like to make games on macromedia flash mx which most computers already have that flash version pre installed, in theory html 5 could do the same stuff that flash can do if i did a html game it would most likely involve different buttons ontop of a drawing of a corridor with different routes to go on and selecting them acts like a maze. go the wrong way and you get stuck and have to double back, the reason why i said about flash is because these days alot of computers come with it already since until recently youtube used flash for their videos, and they use javascript for the api. which btw could also be used for either transmitting a virus or to confuse a computer by asking it to divide something by 0 because as we all know the computer would be constantly trying to find how many zeros fit into that number.