xisto Community
imjjss

What's The Max Memory Limit Here?

Some free hosting sites have a max memory limit of 24MB, 32MB, 68MB-- I don't see any free hosting site run above 68MB yet. Some sites don't set fixed memory limit, but during web rush hour, they do limit some sites' resource. It's like they have a cap for total free accounts. The switch off some sites or put limit on some high resource demanding sites during rush hour. I think 68MB is a quite tight but still managable, but unexpected shut down or slow down due to exceed allowed memory limit is very frustrating.Does any of you know how many MB is set in AsTA?

Here at Xisto you don't really have a free account like on some other freehost offers.Here you have a paid hosting plan.So you have exactly the same plan as other paid hosting plans.Simply you pay with the MyCents generated by your topics on our our forum.

That's nice.I remember a few years ago, a friend mentioned Asta to me, but I didn't grasp the idea how it works at that time. I came to Asta this time by chance-- I was searching for a PC hardware tip and google brought me to this forum. I was a bit suprised to see the name-- already several years, it's still here and hot, that means Asta's business is stable. So, I decide to settle down here :-)

If you're asking for file size limit then there is 10mb limit on every extension file. More than that is not enabled on atleast old servers. If my memory serves right then opaque yet to update the specifiction from Xisto - Support and other sites. Memory limit for shared servers is not mentioned anywhere. So when you buy domain or hosting at that time you can support team for that.

I see. So, if it's not mentioned, then I can take it as no specific limit.

No specific limit as long as there is no problem related to your account. However, you are a standard user with exactly the same rights as the other users. In case of abuse your processes could be simply kicked out and your account suspended.

Thanks, that's clear for me-- "same rights", that's good enough.I don't have excessive activities in my blog. but, with my current host, they provide 64MB max memory limit, a fresh new WordPress 3.01 install comsume around 35% memory, add a theme with a few more function, it hits 54%. And this is just a starting point, I'm sure I will want to add some other plugins to equip my blog. That's why I start worry about memory.

What is ment by memory?The order shop mentions different packages.The website for ten years.The website with 1 gigabyte of space and 100 gigabyte of bandwidth.The website with 10 gigabyte of space and 100 bandwidth.A shared option.An unlimited option with unlimited space and unlimited bandwidth.The decade plan offers a website with 100 MB space and 1000 MB bandwidth.There seems to be some confusion. Memory can be used for the space available for the website on the hard disk and storage part of the server.Memory can be used for the amount of space of a file that is stored on a hard disk or a storage device too.It is possible that there is a limit to the size a single file can have that is stored on a server.But storing a file is something else compared to running a website.

Edited by zenia (see edit history)

It's not the storage. It's one of the php settings which can be set by the host. You can consider it is like the computer's RAM, the more amount of RAM your computer has, the faster it runs.Anyway, as yordan explained, Asta doesn't set a fixed amount, all users has the same rights. The max allowed amount depends on how much Asta can carry on. I think that's fair.

It's not the storage. It's one of the php settings which can be set by the host. You can consider it is like the computer's RAM, the more amount of RAM your computer has, the faster it runs.

OK, now I see. You want to see the php settings concerning memory.You can see it in your cpanel.

Resource Limits memory_limit Maximum amount of memory a script may consume (32MB) 128M

hello everyone, i want to host a wordpress blog with some plugin, i think its all package takes min 64mb ram and at the time of update it may takes more then 128mb ram. so my question is same, a simple wordpress site with cache upto 128mb memorey will allowed in Xisto? or i have to pay for memory??

simply connect to your Xisto cpanel, there is a "php configuration" button, press it, and you will see your current settings, including "memory_limit" which is the value you are looking for. I'm pretty sure it meets your needs, else open a ticket for changing it.RegardsYordan