xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Ahsaniqbalkmc

Where Does The Main Part Of Google's Income Come From?

I have tried to find out that what is the earning potential of google and I was astonished to see that it is $691 per second (according to incomediary.com) Now my next question is that where does the main part of this income come from. Is it the Google adsense which is the main player or there is some thing else. If any body knows then please share with me.

I have tried to find out that what is the earning potential of google and I was astonished to see that it is $691 per second (according to incomediary.com) Now my next question is that where does the main part of this income come from. Is it the Google adsense which is the main player or there is some thing else. If any body knows then please share with me.

It is coming from adsense. Well, majority of them comes from adsense since they now provide adsense on search, adsense on videos, adsense on content and any other possible place where adsense can be inserted. Most major adsense alternative also have adsense link on them making google advertisement a sure way to get every penny worth of your advertising money.

On my country alone, one company advertised on google adsense and gets 10k increased of daily unique visitors for the first month and he only used 2% of his advertising money. Mostly people seems to click and bookmarked the site then recommend them to friends and since his advertisement have a website url, some people just typed the url on a new browser window.

It is coming from adsense. Well, majority of them comes from adsense since they now provide adsense on search, adsense on videos, adsense on content and any other possible place where adsense can be inserted. Most major adsense alternative also have adsense link on them making google advertisement a sure way to get every penny worth of your advertising money.
On my country alone, one company advertised on google adsense and gets 10k increased of daily unique visitors for the first month and he only used 2% of his advertising money. Mostly people seems to click and bookmarked the site then recommend them to friends and since his advertisement have a website url, some people just typed the url on a new browser window.

First of all thankyou for your quick reply Vhortex. After you have cleared that the main part of the google's income come from adsense, I really want to know that adsense income mainly depends on traffic to the sites where the ads are placed because more visitors coming to the websites that display ads means that more people click the ads. More ads clicked means more omission to google. My question is when someone do a search by using google search engine, what is the benefit of this search done to google. Is there any? or there is no benefit and google is wasting its money in keeping and updating such a vast index of websites.

My question is when someone do a search by using google search engine, what is the benefit of this search done to google. Is there any? or there is no benefit and google is wasting its money in keeping and updating such a vast index of websites.

The top most result is always "For sale" and the result number 1-3 are always sponsored, that means that they are paying cash to google. On areas that the search query does not match any search pattern/keyword, the first 1-3 slot will display ordinary results and the optional top result (which is not part of the search anyway) won't appear.

The sponsors on the right side of the search result (on google website) are paying on Impressions. The more people search on google, the faster the Impression campaign will complete and the faster google can claim all the cash.

Vhortex I think you have some very valuable knowledge about google. So i am asking a new question from you here about google. I have a website and for the facility of search through my website I have chosen the google custom search. What can be the possible benefits of providing such custom search engines. There are also some sponsored results displayed with the search so is it the whole story.Also please tell me that the main source of google's income is adsense. What is the second major source of income for google?

I technically don't know what the second was but here are how they earn cash.1. youtube sponsored video - but this website was cost more than they earn plus the piracy cases they are facing in courts, people tend to blame google instead of blaming and suing every person who uploaded a video on youtube.2. (feed burner) RSS feed sponsored link - mostly they look like adsense but they also appear separated with the adsense present on the feeds, they only appear if you have at least 5 contents arriving in the feeds.3. Google apps - google aps are free but you can get support and even bigger space if you pay for it. I only saw 3 big companies on east asia using googlemail as the primary email server. Each account have 10GB of email and that is a big saving than to maintain such email server with that big sizes.4. Android sales - their cellphone operating system, android is gaining popularity on our country and everyone buying new cellphone picks an android compatible phone.There are a few more where they earn cash but I only listed the ones gaining them more money. The problem on how to detect which one earns more money is that they spend a huge sum of money. I was only able to get this insight since 3 friends from my mailing list got invited by google a few years ago, they even confirmed that google seldom accepts online or even walked-in applicants unless they really need someone badly. Google is a company that prioritize its employees happiness almost equal to making profit.

Edited by vhortex (see edit history)

Yes adsense but also advertising from companys beyond adsense and investors and people that buy stock. they also have google checkout which processes online payments and they take there cut of that. Theres probally literally 1000 ways google gets it's 2 cents.

Apparently, from what I can gather, Google gets 97% of its income from its search advertising business (Source: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ which sources from: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/). Its all makes sense, consdering the massive market share Google has in the search engine market. Depending on your search term / keywords, you may find 10+ advertised / sponsored links on a single Google search result page. Multiply that by the number of users and you get billions of link impressions and billions in advertising revenue for Google.

On the other hand, Google's Android open-source platform, Google Apps and other investments probably don't give much of income to Google, considering it only represents 3% of its total revenue. In my opinion, it's more about promoting its own agenda and products rather than trying to make profits out of these investments.

Apparently, from what I can gather, Google gets 97% of its income from its search advertising business (Source: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ which sources from: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/). Its all makes sense, consdering the massive market share Google has in the search engine market. Depending on your search term / keywords, you may find 10+ advertised / sponsored links on a single Google search result page. Multiply that by the number of users and you get billions of link impressions and billions in advertising revenue for Google.
On the other hand, Google's Android open-source platform, Google Apps and other investments probably don't give much of income to Google, considering it only represents 3% of its total revenue. In my opinion, it's more about promoting its own agenda and products rather than trying to make profits out of these investments.

This explanation seems very logical. Google gets more than sixty percent of all internet searches and this means millions of searches per day. The normal CPC for and advertizer to show ads on Googles search results ranges from $0.1 to $3 or even $4. This means that google can literally earn millions of dollars each day. This can be calculated to somewhat 500 dollars per second. Man! this is huge earning. If my website starts making 10$ a day, I would be the happiest person in the world. By the way, I also agree with the statement that other google products like android platform, youtube, orkut etc might not be that profitable. This shows that google has a strong marketing strategy to show its presence in all types of fields. Now like apple, google has entered into the hardware business in hope of reaching to even more heights. Though programs like youtube and blogger may themself prove to be very profitable directly, but google's main goal with these services is to make its presence felt and keep its value up. We see that every now and then google launches a new service. Some of these services are a total flop but they still play a part in google's success. In the world of increasing technology, remaining conspicuous is vital and google does it by inventing new services every now and then. Whenever a new service is launched by google, a talk about it starts and those users which are unhappy with google's performance tend to return to see the new stuff. So google is a big beast which is very difficult to be beaten. To beat google, something extraorginary is required. And this potential is shown by facebook. It is getting famous with such a high speed that many advertizers are npw considering it as the primary source of targeted visitors instead of google. It is a time of worry for google because facebook really has the potential to beat it. Lets see what happens in the future.

I would assume that Google heavily relies on traffic. Psychology of Advertising.If 8,000 people enter and leave a building all day and everyday. And McDonalds put a sign just outside the door. How many people would go get McDonalds either before or after work?I'd say at least between 100-500 of those people would go get something at McDonalds.Now everyday.. that adds to profit. Plus you have people going more than once or people that just didn't want to go elsewhere. Good method.Should have the same mindset when creating websites! Its always traffic you want and the rest will follow! ;)