xisto Community
ysNoi

Daily Cpu Usage Limit [solved]

I'm not sure I fully understand the question, do you mean is there a limited number of cpu cycles for an account? If so then no I don't think so, something like that on a server with multiple accounts would be desperately hard to monitor, you would have to capture every single process being submitted and run it through an incremental statistic program before sending it to the cpu which would severely reduce system performance.Technically though the hosting accounts at xisto are not free, the same packages are available to purchase using real money as well as mycents, it's just on these forums and the Xisto forums we are rewarded for exchanging knowledge and information with hosting accounts that have an initial monetary value. It is to encourage a massive collection of shared knowledge so this information is freely available to the public when ever anyone should need it.

Hi 8ennett...

Thanks for your reply...

Anyway, what I mean is like on the image. I'm sorry I could not explain it well so I just post the image.

Posted Image

This is my Daily CPU Usage on the account statistics (Vista Panel).

I'm always over the limit so I'm asking what Daily CPU Usage is on Asta Host Free Hosting.

Which web host was that vista panel on? If it was byethost (0lx) then that would explain a lot.

Yes it is. I already have 4 times exceeds on limit. So I got 4 times suspension.

Xisto is definately better than byethost in every way. Have you registered an account with the billing and support section? If not then you had best do it soon so you can start earning myCents from your posts.

Yes it is. I already have 4 times exceeds on limit. So I got 4 times suspension.

Byethost terminated my account 6 years ago due to over usage and funny part.. the hosting only have 3 files..
1 is index.html that contains 2 paragraphs,
1 readme.php which contain nothing and
1 config.txt file that only contains directory structure of my test computer at home.

I went over the CPU usage 27 times which is silly.

The best part was I went over the provided 50MB free space for my MySQL database and it went over to 1GB as they claim, best part was it was never ever been used and it was empty. Each week I get an email from them that I need to upgrade or lost all my files and data until this date. Last mail was sent 6 days ago and I am hoping that they wont send me another email tommorow.

Asta since I joined in a few years ago and applied for my first free hosting never imposed CPU limit but there was a script that kills or stop those running php scripts if they take way too long to execute, I am not sure if it was still present today.

The script installed before only kills or stop php codes that runs for 30mins and more. It is also default for all servers to have a maximum execution time for each process to stop the server from hanging. Even our dedicated server at work kills all process that takes 10minutes or more to complete except the weekly full database backup.

Xisto is definately better than byethost in every way.

I'm looking forward on it bro.

Have you registered an account with the billing and support section? If not then you had best do it soon so you can start earning myCents from your posts.

OT: How do I know if I'm already registered with billing and support section? I thought after registering here on forum also includes my account with the billing and support.
@ vhortex:

The only thing that utilized my CPU Usage is index.php @ 25.727 CPU. So I wondered why I already got 4 times suspension.
Besides, my forum is newly installed and there are only 21 members on it.
Edited by ysNoi (see edit history)

OT: How do I know if I'm already registered with billing and support section? I thought after registering here on forum also includes my account with the billing and support.

Registering here allows you to post on the forum.You must also register at Xisto, with the same mail address you provided when registering at Xisto. This second step will make all your posts being reviewed and the correspondg MyCents created and transferred on your Xisto customer account.
Have a look here for instance : http://forums.xisto.com/topic/97469-topic/?findpost=
Hope this helped.
Yordan

Registering here allows you to post on the forum.You must also register at Xisto, with the same mail address you provided when registering at Xisto. This second step will make all your posts being reviewed and the correspondg MyCents created and transferred on your Xisto customer account.
Have a look here for instance : http://forums.xisto.com/topic/97469-topic/?findpost=
Hope this helped.
Yordan

Thanks yordan. I already got MyCents activated a days ago.

Back to Topic:

This topic is already cleared to me so may I request it to close.

Thanks for the answers. :)