xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
H.O.D

Why This Is The Best Time To Be Playing Farmville

If you're a gamer then there's a good chance that you already know about Farmville, and if you like online games, then there's a better chance that you're already playing Farmville! :D It has managed to attract 80 million people from all over the world, so all those who didn't sign up might have been thinking whether this is a good game or not.Personally I never felt that Farmville was a good game. And I'm sure there are a bunch of people who will agree with me. The only reason it became a huge success was because it offered a chance to people to do something which they couldn't dream of doing in real life. Sure, GTA works on the same concept too, but its too long and tiring, while all it takes is 5 minutes per day to enjoy Farmville (or at least that's how you think in the beginning). Another advantage FV had was that it was on Facebook, the largest social networking site. Coming back to the point, there was never actually any real fun in the game - it was just plowing, seeding, harvesting over and over again. The ribbon collection, items collection were boring and some suspect it a scheme by Zynga to earn money!Keeping all this in mind, I never encouraged my friends to play FV (although I grudgingly played myself now and then) until recently, when I discovered that this is the best time to start (or restart) playing Farmville. Since this is a debate forum I would like to put them out in points and this is not copied material in case anyone gets a doubt seeing the post length! :)1) FV has introduced a crafting feature or something like that - what it does is that it allows you to start a side-business; that of a winery, a spa, or a bakery. So when you're bored working at your farm, you can combine the farm work along with this side-business and make more profits and compete with your friends in the business.2) Another new feature introduced is the beehive. When this was introduced, there was a flurry of activity among players to collect 200 bees before their friends could! This was a sort of a race and I'll have to admit that it was sort of fun in a weird way! Now a lot of people have already collected 200 bees and the hive has just become part of their farm, but it's useful when they produce pollinated seeds which can be used to get more bushels.3) Another "collecting" race is the shovels, which are used to build an underground cellar, to expand storage space to 500. So now you don't have to waste precious farm space to build storage buildings - this small underground cellar can store upto 500 of your extra items and saves a lot of space on the farm. Unlike the bees, shovels can be collected for an unlimited number (although you don't get more storage after 500). I've seen a couple of my friends cross 2000 already! It's an insane race, but fun.4) The pigsty is yet another new building, used to put together 20 pigs, and these pigs can then be sent on "hunts" to find truffles. It seems to be an interesting concept but we'll have to wait and see what more this new building can do. For now though, it's not so interesting. But it's indeed a reason to watch out for as it could get bigger!5) This is the most useful feature till now, and I suspect that it's being copied from Frontierville - friends can do a lot more now than just fertilise your farm - they can plow the land, harvest trees, animals and crops. They'll perform these actions and they will become valid only if you agree to accept their help. It's a time-saving feature and it's a win-win situation. This are just a few reasons to return to Farmville. I'm actually enjoying the 15-odd minutes that I spend on the farm daily. There's a lot more to do now and the variety keeps me satisfied and relaxed, instead of thinking it to be a monotonous job. So if you've stopped playing FV, or haven't played till now, take a look at the new and improved game - you just might like it! :)

I don't know, some of my friends are playing this game on Facebook, but I don't really see any point of playing it, it's a bit of useless game, even though I agree it may be fun, due to it's online..I remember this kind of games from the past, but not online, where you need to build things, different tycoons and for example a game called Theme Park, where you need to build a them park and control it, in farmville , you need to grow a farm, not much of a difference, except that to play farmville, it's very easy, there is practically no struggle, nothing to beat, except to have a bigger farm and a higher level, which is quite boring over the time.. :DIt's the same, as playing Age of empires or Stracraft without WAR! :) just to build.. I know a lot of people playing SIMS, usually theu like to build the house and when they start playing, after some time they get bored. :)

It's the same, as playing Age of empires or Stracraft without WAR! biggrin.gif just to build.. I know a lot of people playing SIMS, usually theu like to build the house and when they start playing, after some time they get bored. biggrin.gif

As you said people like simulation games and they have been around for a long time. Offline games like "The Sims" have always been popular. But they're meant to be played when you have a lot of time to spare. Farmville is an online game and it doesn't eat up a lot of time and this is the main reason for its success, and I doubt Zynga themselves will be able to repeat such a success again. It's simple, easy and attractive. And now that they're adding new features regularly, it's only going to attract more people!

Oh, and I forgot to add another new feature that was introduced, and this is a very useful feature indeed. Garages have been introduced into the game, and they are used to upgrade the three vehicles - the tractor, the seeder and the harvester, so that they can perform their respective actions on more number of plots now. The upgrades are of five levels and after being upgraded to level five, the vehicles can modify 16 plots at the same time (plow, seed or harvest)! Earlier it was just 4 plots. So this is a very useful addition which will no doubt save a lot of time for those who don't mind using up their fuel more quickly.

And even as I'm typing this I'm looking at farmville wikia in which some user has commented about some big feature being added soon. So Zynga seem to be on the right course to attract more people!

Well, yes, it's an online game abd usually you need to login, do something a bit and log out and do other stuff, but a lot of people do it quite frequently, at home, at job, for example I heard there are people who wake up in 2 AM or 3 AM to look at the farm and do something :) And they are to lazy to walk their dog in 8 AM :DEven though, sometimes you play a different game for over 9 hours and you forget to walk the dog too, or sometimes even to eat :)

I used to play farmville before but i'm no longer playing it. I removed the application from the profile. I don't think it's worth the time when all of your friends are leaving it. Now a days i'm playing bakery to get over the addiction of farmville. It is less addictive than the farmville. There are less rewards and less fun but it's worth it if you want to get over the addiction. There are some other games which are less addictive but are fun sometimes. I do play them instead of farmville. I don't know how long it is going to remain on facebook.