xisto Community
Ahsaniqbalkmc

What Is Google Buzz

You can use Pidgin and use multiple accounts, which means you can use multiple emails separately in real time simultaneously and it all works, I have two accounts of yahoo and msn and when I use Pidgin, I am online in real time in one interface for all of them. I even can see myself from one msn account in another msn account as they have different usernames.. And as I looked at the interface of digsby, it seems to be something similar.. You need to play a little with Pidgin plugins to customize it the way you want, unless I am missing something with digsby, will need to check it out at home, as somehom they block IM from my workplace, but don't block IRC and Skype :D but MSN, Yahoo doesn't seem to work for chatting, maybe due to ports. :)

google has some pretty good tools and free services but some of them aren't as popular as the likes of already famous facebook and other social network services...

google has some pretty good tools and free services but some of them aren't as popular as the likes of already famous facebook and other social network services...

Facebook is a brilliant website and is rightfully famous throughout the world. If you look at its design, its behaviors, its features, its power as a social tool, everything is so wonderful. I know facebook was not the first website on earth that made social activities possible on earth. Before it, a good number of websites did exist such as friendster, myspace etc. But these websites were not very user friendly, they were not full of features, they were not innovative. What facebook did was it took advantage of human's behavior of sharing stories with people. Stories of today's age are in the form of videos, blogs, websites etc and at facebook you can share these with your friends in a very sophisticated way. That's what is so special about facebook.Other social networks, which emerged after seeing the success of facebook and knowing the power and importance of social networking, might be equally as feature full as facebook but they weren't able to set a standard. They are providing a service which is already being provided. Google buzz is one of the services that emerged after facebook. It is also very feature rich and has one huge advantage of being integrated with gmail, but people like to use facebook more than any other social network because all their friends, their relatives, their neighbors, everyone is on facebook. So they can socialize there. However, on sites like Google Buzz, the user base is not as vast as facebook so people can't share with everyone. And one additional thing: people don't like to use dozens of social networks simultaneously. They have more tendency of clinging to one and getting more familiar with it.

it's very interesting how facebook became so popular, i'm surprised that google hasn't come up with something similar (in popularity) since they have all the technology and tools to monitor user behaviours and clicks with their search tools and ad technologies

Google Buzz is a social networking and messaging tool from Google that is integrated into the company's web-based email program, Gmail. Users can share links, photos, videos, status messages and comments organized in "conversations" and visible in the user's inbox.

Edited by urbano18 (see edit history)

Facebook is only good for their user database, a lot of people use it, but when you think about it, there isn't really anything special about it, it's good to relate with friends and know how they live and where, you just get some info about them, their photos and events, but a lot of action in facebook is useless links and video links and games which just is addicting, but time consuming and you really don't get anything from it.Like all those games from Zynga, you just click click click and what's the point? I rather buy a real GAME of some kind and play it on PC ;)Anyway, I removed google buzz from my account as I didn't need it, I don't have a lot of friends also using gmail, some use other webmails and I guess it's not so attractive as facebook, but Google+ might change things as it's really easy to use and is getting popular, maybe it won't be another epic fail? but just fail? :lol:And in my personal opinion, Facebook is really very over rated :lol:

Well, it's a fact, in my country before Yahoo, OICQ was very popular, everyone used it, but now on the same my countries most popular server, only some people are using it, everyone moved to Skype, due to it is better? In some way it has more features, but I stil prefer MSN, even though I use QQ. ;)