xisto Community
dangerdan

These Forums Seem Kind Of Dead Just an observation

I'm sure these forums were quite active at some point, but I've noticed that they seem to have died off a fair bit. I'm making regular posts on topics I like to have an opinion in yet when I check the date of the original topic it was up to five years ago it was made. Is there any kind of reason behind this, and if so is there anything I can do to help get this place back up to strength?

The reason that there is little activity on these forums nowadays is most likely because of the "new" credit system, the myCENTS and myEarnings system. I've found that with this system, you have to post far less in order to keep up with the hosting, as you "pay" annually and for most people, the $1.95/mo plan is sufficient, so that isn't much.Those on the Logic PRO and Logic XTREME plans might have to post more often, but I'm not sure if most of those customers are actually paying or still depend on the forum.

I'm sure these forums were quite active at some point, but I've noticed that they seem to have died off a fair bit. I'm making regular posts on topics I like to have an opinion in yet when I check the date of the original topic it was up to five years ago it was made. Is there any kind of reason behind this, and if so is there anything I can do to help get this place back up to strength?

I was just thinking the same thing yesterday. It is quite around here now.

The reason that there is little activity on these forums nowadays is most likely because of the "new" credit system, the myCENTS and myEarnings system. I've found that with this system, you have to post far less in order to keep up with the hosting, as you "pay" annually and for most people, the $1.95/mo plan is sufficient, so that isn't much.

The new myCENTS system would be a good explanation too. I do notice it seems quite generous (I've been away for some time). Then again, the Stats on the front of the board look like this:

Posted Image

It says the most members online was Feb 4 2010 and the most users online was May 7 2009.

But the announcement Credit System V3.0 Online is dated Oct 21 2008

Activity for both members and users, seems to have peaked since the new system was announced. I wonder if perhaps the statistics have been reset during or since the integration of the new system.

Activity for both members and users, seems to have peaked since the new system was announced. I wonder if perhaps the statistics have been reset during or since the integration of the new system.

I think that may have been the case, I was looking at that figure the other day. I know a few people who would be willing to contribute posts every now and then in the tutorials section and wouldn't really use any mycents they collected so it would help the forums out without draining opaques wallet any further.

Total respect for the guy and what he's doing, this is why I'm not going to take the mick with this place. If I earned enough mycents for a whole years worth of top-tier web hosting i would probably not use it all and keep posting anyway. It's a fantastic dream he has and is great for people who are looking for a web host that does not take liberty's with its clients.

Total respect for the guy and what he's doing, this is why I'm not going to take the mick with this place. If I earned enough mycents for a whole years worth of top-tier web hosting i would probably not use it all and keep posting anyway. It's a fantastic dream he has and is great for people who are looking for a web host that does not take liberty's with its clients.

You've got the right idea. ;) It's a great idea and a great deal. To look after it for the greater good, is the right thing to do. I take my hat off to OpaQue too. Being a forum junkie, I would rather pay for web hosting with forum activity than money any day. It's like asking the fat kid to pay for some lollies by eating ice cream. ;)
Even if I can make do with the lesser package, I'm going to want the more feature laden, high power deal and if that means posting a bit more, count me in. :P

I completely agree. When I was over at Xisto, I thought the same exact thing. I wondered if there had ever been more people active at the same time. Maybe we can ask some people who have been long-time members for Xisto and Xisto. I really want these two forums to be active. It would be much more enjoyable because there will be more conversations going on. It would also be easier to earn myCENT when people post new topics. Imagine how these two forums would be like if there were a few hundred members online at multiple periods of time? I say that we should take a step to refer people to these forums. Write reviews, blog about the site, etc. I think that if everyone tries, we can really make this succeed. If someone can make good looking banners, I can put them up on my blog or other forums that I visit.

This forum used to be quite active years ago, with lots of replies every day, but now it's seems to be not as active as it used to be, same for Xisto, it used to be so active, that I doubt I could read all the topics by spending most of the time on the computer, but currently Xisto is much more active than Xisto, but you can read all the post in lets say 2-6 hours a day.It depends how fast you read and if it's the only thing you do by being near a computer. ;)I have a logic pro plan, which costs 6.66$ every month, and I can say that it's getting harder for me to upkeep this account, I would like to move to some cheaper plan, but the plan for 1.99$ has a very small number of subdomains and addon domains, I guess I'll need to do something about it, but while I can upkeep the service, even though it's hard due to, I need to work, I need to study, I need to sometimes relax by drinking beer, need to get together with my friends, so on spare time I find I try to post on the forums ;)

The new myCENTS system would be a good explanation too. I do notice it seems quite generous

I can say that it's getting harder for me to upkeep this account,

Funny. For some pople getting MyCents is probably too easy. And for some other people it's too hard.So, I would say that the average realty is that it's correctly sized.

This forum used to be quite active years ago, with lots of replies every day, but now it's seems to be not as active as it used to be, same for Xisto, it used to be so active, that I doubt I could read all the topics by spending most of the time on the computer, but currently Xisto is much more active than Xisto, but you can read all the post in lets say 2-6 hours a day.
It depends how fast you read and if it's the only thing you do by being near a computer. ;)

I have a logic pro plan, which costs 6.66$ every month, and I can say that it's getting harder for me to upkeep this account, I would like to move to some cheaper plan, but the plan for 1.99$ has a very small number of subdomains and addon domains, I guess I'll need to do something about it, but while I can upkeep the service, even though it's hard due to, I need to work, I need to study, I need to sometimes relax by drinking beer, need to get together with my friends, so on spare time I find I try to post on the forums ;)

You can buy the logic plan for 1.95 and customize the subdomains and addon domains, the total fee per month would be $2.5 ~ $3. This is still way better than earning 6.66 per month.

The logic plan has been carefully designed keeping both the free and paid customers in mind.

thank you.

You can buy the logic plan for 1.95 and customize the subdomains and addon domains, the total fee per month would be $2.5 ~ $3. This is still way better than earning 6.66 per month.
The logic plan has been carefully designed keeping both the free and paid customers in mind.

thank you.

It's all very generous as well opaque, thanks for providing such a unique and incredible service.

I love the new way Xisto/Xisto have been planned out with Mycents and revenue sharing. It's sort of like they are paying us to post on the forums (which in all actuality would be a fair statement.) Anyway, I wouldn't worry too much about activity. When people need to post to keep their hosting account alive, they'll come running back to the site easily. Nothing to worry about ;)