xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
eonhari

Some Ways To Get Traffic For Your Blog Here are some ways which I used for getting traffic into my site .

Works ?  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The main way to get traffic is to put in some good content in your site & then submit your blog to entercard & digg all your posts(_in blogs_) yourself . Also help of some social netwroking sites such as Twitter , Facebook myspace etc might help . There are also lots of sites for pulishing your content like Technorati , Digg , Stumble upon , Delicious etc .But the problem is that most of the people do not search in these services for what they want . They only use search engines . so your site needs to get listed on search engines . First submit your site to google , yahoo , bing , altavista etc .
But there are lakhs of sites out there & you've got to do more to get noticed ! Find some free SEO sites like http://www.submitexpress.com/ . Also find out what the people want & post that . Another way is to post the link to your footer in each & every forum you join ! That will attract guaranteed traffic to your site !
All the best ....
;)

The main way to get traffic is to put in some good content in your site & then submit your blog to entercard & digg all your posts(_in blogs_) yourself . Also help of some social netwroking sites such as Twitter , Facebook myspace etc might help . There are also lots of sites for pulishing your content like Technorati , Digg , Stumble upon , Delicious etc .But the problem is that most of the people do not search in these services for what they want . They only use search engines . so your site needs to get listed on search engines . First submit your site to google , yahoo , bing , altavista etc .But there are lakhs of sites out there & you've got to do more to get noticed ! Find some free SEO sites like http://www.submitexpress.com/ . Also find out what the people want & post that . Another way is to post the link to your footer in each & every forum you join ! That will attract guaranteed traffic to your site !
All the best ....
;)

I see of this post as a kind of marketing for submitexpress.com. There is no useful method of getting traffic to website explained. I mean how can submitting your website to search engines bring you traffic if your website is ranked on the 200th page of search results. Nobody is going to look for results until the 200th page. So you need to do much more than that to bring traffic to your website. Let me explain the basic theory of how a website can go from nothing to everything in a period of few months.
First of all, the most important thing is that you create a quality website. If the quality of service that you provide on your website is high, success is sure to come, however you cannot survive if you just copy some body else's work or create a crappy website and stuff it with ads. So the first thing you need to do is to create a good resourceful website that provides quality service. It doesn't matter what your website is about. All that matters is that your website should provide such content which visitors want to see again and again. If you are successful in creating such content, you will surely become successful.
Once you created a good website, the next thing you need to do is to let people know about your website. There is no common sense in spending all your time in just creating the website and not in letting the world know about it. The process is a bit difficult in start because of millions of website that are out there however, with quality content on your site, once you get about 100 visits a day, a series of positive things will start for your website. The visitors who come to you by some other source will get impressed and bookmark you or share the link with their friends. In this way they will act as an advertisement for your website but I mention here again that for this to happen you need to have high quality content on your site. The traffic will keep increasing and the best point of following this strategy is that you don't need to beg the search engines to rank you better in search results to get traffic. Instead the search engines will follow you and try to rank you better and better.
The other strategy which depends on the invovement of search engines is a tiring one and you cannot be sure about the bechaviour of these search engines. The Google for example changes its algorithm constantly and can make heroes covert to zeros within a night as happened with article publishing websites currently.

I think all your recomendations are for freebie and dummie people because sending your content to Delicious for example won´t give you any traffic considering the amount of articles that this site have. The main way to get traffic for a blog or for any site is Google there is no anything else. If you try to send your articles and you don´t invest your time in the search engine optimization you will be losing your time and possibly money because the time is money. Using sites like submitexpress.com is not recommended if your intention is to mantain a serious site because all that you will get is only be indexed in low category because what this site does is sending your website to a lot of search engines that nobody use like go.com or altavista. I recommend you go to google and search "google webmaster tools" and open a free google account and start to send your website with a sitemap. If you have a blog simply send your blog you will not need the sitemap. Like one poster said only sending your website to the search engines won´t give you any traffic there is no any guarantee including that the search engines will accept your website so please don´t fall in cheat with these practices.You need to put a good SEO campaing and forget about all. If you don´t use SEO you will no get any traffic at less you pay expensive campaigsn like Google adwords.

I know this is a question everyone want to solve. but the best part is search engine. i have a site & its daily unique visitors is 300+ and all are coming from search engines. so keywords is important part whats ur site using. If you are using wordpress you should use "search engine tagging" it will help you to get more traffic by search engine.