xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
xhrist14n

I Want To Know About Php Editors I want to know about php editors

I don't see in this topic a suggestion for CodeLobster PHP Edition, I found out about it in some other topic on these forums, so I tried it and it's quite a good alternative for FREE, even though I am using PHP Designer, but CodeLobster PHP Edition has some really neat things I liked about it.Here is a link to it: http://www.codelobster.com/css_editing.html

Those who are using the linux they have more choices compared to windows. Most important point about linux based editors is that they are all free and one doesn't have to pay for it. Kate, Kwrite, Gedit are free and usually come up with gnome and KDE distribution. You don't have to do anything in order to download them, they're most likely found in the system menu of the distro.In case of paid applications, I think sublime editor which is paid for windows, linux and mac is popping up for quite some time. I think in next few years it will be more popular due to it's features. The interesting feature about the program is that they show a screenshot in parts for the code view in sidebar. Say if you have 2-3 scrolling pages for the code, you can view it in thumbnail screenshot in sidebar and choose to navigate it with mouse.Sublime text as of now is actively developed for windows and Mac. I am sure there is linux version of it and if not then surely they are going to add similar features in say like geany or gedit. That text editor is worth to look into as there are some nice set of features in it. I am trying to run the php designer under WIne and see if it works. I have 7 version of php designer and it shows a bit lag so maybe i need to get my hands on old version to run it on linux.