xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
fermin25

What Is A Real Virus? And Some Tips To Protection I learn everything about this because they made me reboot my pc

A virus is just a little programme to sabotage coputer software. They should cause damage to file and databenches. The name is often misinterpreted as an organical lifeform, but it was just taken because the way it infects the system is alike the biological ones.A programme must be able to sabotage, manipulate programmes, and to reproduce itself and infect other data to be called a virus. When an infected programme is started, the circle starts again.The classical viruses were programmed, to damage a company via its computers. There are some advantages a virus has, apart from simple deleting of files; a Virus infects even backups, if they are used, nobody can find out who has made it, and the growth of viruses is eponentual.Most of the viruses come from the USA, the Soviet states, Bulgaria, and Poland; most of them are not created to manipulate databenches, but to show what the programmer is able to do, and to show the misprotection of the computer users. But also when a virus is designed to directly damage the user, it is spreading extremely fast. The damage, that is caused by viruses costs about 100 million ATS just in Austria.Viruses are mostly spread through big networks (like the internet) or the exchange of data media. The increasing number of networks allows the non-expert user to get the source codes of extremely dangerous viruses, as a result, there are about 100.000 different viruses active, and the number is doubled every eight months.Viruses can cause file-manipulation (characters are replaced by other) fatal for bank-business, simulate errors( usually harmless) and software-crashes(one of the most fatal versions) these crashes do not allow to do anything, it even will not work to press Crtl-Alt-Del, but the worst viruses format the harddisks, or delete the FAT (File allocation Table).Some Viruses are even able to cause serious damage to hardware, for example the disk-drive or the monitor. Disk-drives are destroyed, when the virus forces it to read out the inner track( the reading unit gets blocked), and monitors can be destroyed by setting the graphic card´s screen refresh rate over the one of the Monitor.Division of viruses:Logical viruses:Simple and obious structure, the virus programme replaces a programme, the same effect can be reached by the dos-prompt RENAME.File infectorsClassical structure; it infects *.com or *.exe files, this can happen in three different methods:parts of the original programme are overwritten, very obvious, because the original programme does not work any more Virus is included at a fix area (mostly at the beginning) into a programme. Infection can be recognized, because the file-size is changing.Call-Viruses: there is just a short start prompt in the programme, the virus itself is a hidden file, that is either stored in the system memory or in an own InterruptBootsector virusesThese viruses use to write their source code onto the boot sector of a hard disc or a disc, and are difficult to find. When booting from the infected sector, the virus is loaded into the system memory, where it stays resistant. Because of that, bootsector viruses are nearly spread with every storing.Sleeping viruses, trigger virusesThese viruses stay unseen for a long time, because they start there actions just on fixed dates, like Friday the 13th or TschernobylPolymorph virusesThis type of virus changes its own source code in every generation, they copy a more or less changed source code into another file. This type is difficult to be found.Stealth virusesThese viruses manipulate the information of a file before they infect it, for example thr size.They are seldom found.Macro Viruses Viruses, that use an own macro-language of programmes (like MS Word) they, do not just infect startable files, but also every file that is used with the host-programme. They are very difficult to remove because only some virus-scanners find themTrojan horses:Trojan horses are programmes, that are hidden in useful files, (drivers, updates, games) they install a virus in the background or allow access to the hostage´s computer via the Internet.Trojan horses are mostly used to terrorize users, or to find out personal information like passwords and so on.EXAMPLE: NetbusA Trojan that mostly comes with funny tools, it allows unlimited access to the hostage´s PC. The Hacker can print documents, play audio files, open graphics, see the screen and its contents, can look through the whole file-tree, open and close the CD-Rom, lock keys, swap the mouse buttons, log the keyboard inputs directly, or into a log-file and many other things.These trojans do not cause damage to anything by selfaction, but the danger is the Hacker, that has access. Trojans can easily be found, with any freeware-trojan scanner, or are usually always detected by any actual virus-scanner. Virusprotection:In the 80s, viruses, and the damage they caused, got a serious problem. The virusprotection was discussed, in these times access controls like ID-Cards an the storage of virus-free backups, end the file property writeprotected were enough.These protections are not enough nowadays, the writeprotection can easily being deleted, and after infection be restored, because most viruses do not give any signals, that they are active, so backups must not be virus-free.The best way to protect yourself is to not exchange Data, which means to not use media, that was written on another system. This is not a 100 percentual protection, because it is not guaranteed, that the software, even the original one, is virus-free.Making backups is not a 100% save method, but recommended. Also regular defrags and watching of the data can ensure an early virus detection.The best way is, of course, to get a Anti-Virus programme, but also this programme has to be updates about every month. Their way of detecting viruses, is to know as many virus source-codes as possible. They explore all files, and are in case possible to remove the known source-code from the infected file. Polymorph viruses are a problem because its source code changes in very short periods of time, and often can not be detected by the AV-Programmes.There are three common methods for Anti-Virus programmes:1. The virus programme is always guarding the system memory, it is loaded while booting, and is checking potentional infection sources , for example, files, that are copied to the harddisk, and possibly could carry a virus.2. The file sizes in a single directory are checked, and saved into a log-file, and often compared with the files themselves, When the size changes, this could possibly be the sign for a virus infection. A problem is, that these Scanners often give false alert, even when a file was manipulated by the computer user.3. Fuzzy Logic because of this method, it became possible to find nearly all viruses, even polymorph viruses, because it messes up the source code, and detects even different source-coded viruses.All these kinds of Anti Virus programmes have to be updated regularly, about one to two times a month, otherwise they do not offer any protection, and the use would get senseless.The usage of Virus-Scanners is just useful, when the harddisks are also scanned regularly, and every new media, (discs) is scanned too.When the Internet is in use, you should try to get an active Internet defense virus scanner.This type checks every watched and downloaded file before it is executed.Most common Virusprogrammes:Norton Antivirus:Prize: about 600-800ATS costless Updates of the Virus-library via Internet available (library updated weekly)McAfee Scan: Prize: about 500ATS costless Updates of the Virus-library, even newer versions of the programme itself via Internet available (library updated weekly)F_Prot:Prize about 400ATS costless Updates should be available, but the site is very often too busy (Library updated every 3 weeks)PC-Cillin:Active Defense programme Prize: Shareware, costless library update via Internet available (library updated weekly)Trojan ScannerThe Cleaner: Trojan scanner and remover, Prize shareware, Trojan library updated monthly, costless update via InternetThe cleaner is a wonderful scanner for Trojan horses, that are mostly not detected by the common anti-virus programmes

Is posting same content on Xisto and Xisto allowed ? I mean same content on two different forums for mycent ?. In such case, we should look if this is plagiarized content or not. I would like to ask moderators to check this. I found this topic on both Xisto and Xisto.If this is allowed then please ignore my post. All i can say for this topic is nice info thread then.

Oh no my friend I dont make this to make the double Mycents because i dont know why but I have made this before once and The post in Xisto produce Mycents but in Xisto only produce me 0.29 in MyCents. I think the MyCents system is integrated with both forums and detect duplicated contents. And I did post in both forums because I waste a lot of time writing and I like to the people answer me, and there are people that only use Xisto and hate Xisto.

Edited by fermin25 (see edit history)

Oh i didn't noticed that reason. But in my opinion, Xisto and Xisto both produce same mycent now. This is changed as earlier mycents on Xisto were very low rated. I mean you posted lot of content and made very little mycent amount. On Xisto there was better mycent output. But now both produce same results. We're getting updated fastly after posting on both forums. But our posts are credited with low amount than earlier. I think you noticed this change, don't you ? I don't know how one can earn more mycent now. But definitely periodic quality posts and replies will earn more replies than huge posts or one liners. Anyway, coming to your topic. Thanks for the information.