xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Inspiron

Nokia Pc Suite Alternative Mobile alternative suites to transfer data to phones ?

I need to check out some alternative programs that possibly doesn't require to install to transfer data to my Nokia phone just like the PC suites...Anyone have any ideas ?

there are many clients such as ir2phone and stuff which probably allow you to do that, basically, they have certain negatives, they dont support all phones, and pairing with some of the new nokia phones are not possible neither supported, as a result they are not popular.. btw, why look for an alternative when a good functioning software is available to you?

ummm,there are a lot of good software for transfering data to phone,certainly nokia is the most.if you have a laptop you can also use the infared COM of your pc easily by windows directly.i can introduce you two great software for nokia only,owned amount of using rate.first is MMMB(MobiMB Mobile Media Browser),which is easy to use for its clear look.despite clear but owns strong and full function.another one is famous -Oxygen Phone Manage 2.this one is too powerful for nokia symbian series 40.

i just accounted for them a little.you can search them by google and download from some cellphone forum easily. :o

Hmm, I am too looking for an alternative, the "Nokia PC Suit" is annoying by it's nature, with a process running in the background as default and such.+ You can't quite use your cellphone as flash drive, and moving things around, since you have to have the "Nokia Connectivity Suit"-another user

For the promotional activities of my business I require to send bulk sms...Say approximately 500 sms / day..I am using Nokia 6275 mobile phone...Kindly advise me how it is possible to send bulk sms attached to PC suit...Which software I need to download for this texting message.RegardsBijoy Varma

get my advice i work with cell phons alog time agoif you have noia cell phon with usb data kablethen use nokia pc sweetif you have nokiacell phone with com data kablethen use logomanger mob media browserthos tow softwer are the best for nokiaand the easyst and the fstest and the most up to dateif you wish too tray some thing else you on your one

Reasons whyI do not like Nokia suite: It is slower then any of its ansestors. It slowsWindows dramatically, getting connected to Nokia and other sites every time youSms or synch your contacts. It is innumerous size (you can fit 10 operatingSystems in 100mb), injecting in to manly system process, stays there hidden whenYou think you close all Nokia stuff and communicated to number of sites withoutTelling you anything.

I would notBe surprised Nokia making money by selling information about its users to marketingAnd government agencies for few cents per head.

Nokia is not alone..Nokia Pc Suite Alternative

Heya.Nokia PC Suite vs. "an alternative" is like:

- Catalyst Control Center vs. ATI Tray Tools (50:1 size/time/RAM usage)

- Adobe Reader vs. Foxit Reader

- iTunes package vs. Foobar2000.. And so on..

Asfor the money making comment.. I read an article a few weeks ago aboutSymantec keeping track of the illegal file sharing all over the world.There are several ways to monitor this, but I wouldn't be surprized ifthey did it using their "security" programs (antivirus/firewall) to spy on the users.

Have a nice day. :)

Hey.Nokia PC Suite vs. "an alternative" is like:- Catalyst Control Center vs. ATI Tray Tools (50:1 size/time/RAM usage)- Adobe Reader vs. Foxit Reader- iTunes package vs. Foobar2000.. And so on..As for the money making comment.. I read an article a few weeks ago about Symantec keeping track of the illegal file sharing all over the world. There are several ways to monitor this, but I wouldn't be surprized if they did it using their "security" programs (antivirus/firewall) to spy on the users.Have a nice day. :)-reply by John Doe

Why am I looking for an alternate to nokia pc suiteNokia Pc Suite AlternativeI am using a Nokia phone model 6201. I want to switch from nokia pc suite coz the software does not sync all the contact nos stored in my mobile. For instance if I have stored two nos under the mob no. Category of my phone the pc suite simply drops one number from my list. So if there are any ideas about the alternates open to me please do let me know.Ray 

Alternate to pc suiteNokia Pc Suite AlternativeReplying to hulunesI tried Oxygen software as a substitute to Nokia Pc suite but still the same problem. The Oxygen would only read one no listed in the mobile category. It would simply leave out the others listed in this category... Just like the pc suite did...CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP ME OUT TO SOLVE THIS PROBLEM.

NOKIA PC SUITENokia Pc Suite Alternative

I have been using Nokia phones since their first mobile appeared in the market and I was always amazed at how such a good phone maker could produce such a clunky software to interface it to a PC.

I keep my N95 loaded with music because I spend countless hour waiting at airports, but hated loading the music and creating playlists with the PC suit specially when compared with doing it winamp and other similar programs.

Recently, I was informed that a new version of PCsuite was available and that it had "greatly improved" music module and jumped into installing it in the hope that my complaints had been heard, but to my amazement, the new version requires that I install a ton of, even more clunky, software from Microsoft.

What the hell is happening at Nokia ! I like their phones because I believe Symbian is far better than the MS alternative and now I discover that they are pushing me into the MS realm.

Fortunately, I still have the old version of  PCsuite, quickly re-installed it and here I am looking for an "alternative', because I am afraid Nokia will find a way to make it unusable the next time I change my phone.

Any advice will be very welcome. 

-reply by vmjosep