xisto Community
surfermac

Not Able To Get Internet On Ubuntu

So you're using Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope, this OS should detect it as a USB Modem, so I will just give general instructions to try to get it working (however I haven't upgraded to Jaunty yet, so my instructions maybe 8.10 specific and not 9.04).

If this doesn't help, then I may have to tell you to post the output of some commands that will help me diagnose the problems even further, and I may have to install Jaunty as a Virtual OS, since I'm not needing to upgrade yet.

Plug it in then goto System | Preference | Network Configuration. This should bring up a Network Connections dialog box. Click on the Mobile Broadband tab, then click Add.

Follow the wizard, select your country, provider and name what you would like the connection to be called.

After it's created you should see the name in your Mobile Broadband tab, select it, then click on edit.

First try the Phone Number as *99# and both your Username and Password should be your phone number (10 digits?) if that doesn't work try the Phone Number as #777.

Hopefully you should be able to choose your connection now. If it's not working yet, you may also need to do

sudo wvdialconf /etc/wvdial.conf

Let me know how this goes, any errors or problems please copy them and post them back in here.

Cheers,

MC