xisto Community
Curt200518

Preparing To Make A Online Text-based Game...

Hello Everyone, First off I would like to introduce myself...My name is Curt..im 21 years old and I a freelance computer tech...I have decided I am going to make my own Online Text-Based Browser Game..Development is in very early stages...I am currently researching everything I need to know to Get it up and running and maintaining it..I have found out that to make a good game I will need to learn PHP...I have chose this language because from what I read it is more common for this type of game...Luckily I have a good friend who Knows a good deal about the language..I have a good knowledge of Html..I am currenly studing Javascript...I have plenty of time to put toward this project and I plan to invest a good deal of my time into this. Im a quick learner so my goal is to study javascript for 30days...I should have a very good deal of knowledge by then....then I will move on to PHP...I hope to code my own game from scratch..but of course me being a begginer I do plan on looking over differnt scripts aleady out there....I hope this will give me a good idea of things..I have read through Text-based game section of the forums..not much else where..but i plan too...any way I have a good idea of how to get it set up.I hope to learn as much as possible before asking my friend to help me, i dont wanna be a freeloader...I will be in forums often...and let you guys know of progress with the game if you guys are interested...I plan to put alot of time developing the game and not rushing it...and hopefully this will make the quality of the game better...I know the topic is a bit long but Im really excited about this :DWell the point of my topic is to let you know that a new developer is emerging from the shadows :(Look forward to hearing from u guys...

Well the point of my topic is to let you know that a new developer is emerging from the shadows

At least a wanting-to-become-a-new-developer... We wish you success on your way learning php, and please keep us informed. :(

well im back, after a month of learning html, javascipt, and php..i have come out a little smarter :P...lolSince my first post I knew absolutly nothing about how the code works html, java, and php...but now i can look at a page and and reconize the fucntions of the code :D....some coding is still unfimilar to me but for the most part I can tell whats going on :PHow did i forget to mension Mysql...lol...ive been learning about that aswell...its all coming along very nice :Pi downloaded a text based game "template" as you could say, just to get a good idea of how the games are set up. Im sure some of you guys have heard of Mccodes...lol...i hear a lot of negativety about it but it doesnt seem that bad...I have been playing around with the coding for a few weeks now, i have fixed a few minor bugs myself :P..and im learning new things to do daily :(I coded a "back alley" type event myself...and it works !!...lol...its not real advance but it gets the job done :DIm continueing to study about html,javascript,php and mysql...all while working directly with the coding..this helps me alot cause i can change stuff and see how it effects the game..I am going back to studying now..just wanted to drop by and let u guys know how im doing ;)also if i wanted i could go online with the mccodes script right now, i have fixed and added enough but I wanna code my own from ground up...i know now that its alot of work...but i plan to do my bestill check back here in a few days :Plater everyone

Edited by Curt200518 (see edit history)

lol...well Thug Battle seems like a name that people can easily remember and it wasn't taken by anyone else thats why i chose it :D

OK, why not ? However, with such a name, Thug Battle should talk about, at least, a battle and some thugs ?

Hello Everyone,Well its been just over a year since i first released my game and progress has gone great in my opinion. The game has moved to a Paid host and has an active player base as of now.Thugbattle.com is the domain.I still have work to do and I recently began working on a second project that is going well but not a public game yet.Thug Battle has undergone a huge amount of updates since you guys probably last seen it...including a new Layout :PCome check it out and post your opinions :PThanks everyone,Curt

hey Curt,

Been checking out what you have done so far and I'm impressed...Looks great in my opinion altho I havent really checked out the inside of the game itself the looks are great. Anyways I was wondering if the McCodes really helped you at all because I have been looking to create a text based rpg myself but one that goes into great detail such as advancing through different time periods as you progress. (EG: Medieval Age, Current Age, Space Age). With units changing as you progress through each age. Its alot of work but if you could offer any help I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks Todd

-reply by Todd

Great game, however you didn't really code this game, just altered the codes.You got these codes from BlueTrendz Designs.But since your owning and maintaining/running the game, I would give a score of 10/10 ;)Great game and hope everything goes well!