xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
tinypinkpiggi04

Credits For Web Hosting

shivap24, yes. you can start with package 1 first, and then just upgrade later. :D but you must consider that you need extra credits as well to maintain your hosting. :P otherwise, even if you get your hosting after 10 credits but without extra credits, your site would be suspended. if you prolong not maintaining your hosting credits, your hosting may be terminated. but it's easy to gain hosting credits as long as you follow forum rules with your posts. :D good luck! :)

How many credits do I need to actually use the Web Hosting?

67954[/snapback]

You can browse this forum, then you'll find that:

- You need 10 credits to get 50mb space and 500mb bandwidth.

- You need 30 credits to get 250mb space and 5000mb bandwidth.

Correct me if i'm wrong...

Ok, this is very confusing to me.I thought it was 150 mb of space, not 250. But 250 would be great!And once you have 30 credits (credits, not posts), is that dedcuted from your account when you upgrade? So if I get to 30, I lose 30, and then have to post daily to maintain the account?Thanks.Sunkist

I am also confused about the amount of space now. I read somewhere it was 150MB, then I read somewhere else it was 250MB. :lol: When you request hosting, the necessary credits are deducted from your account...I just found this out today when I got hosting. I had 12 credits and then it got taken down to 2.And yes, once you have hosting, you have to keep posting to maintain your account, but you don't have to do it daily. The number of credits you have is the number of days you can go without posting. Each day you go without posting, you lose 1 credit point.

That is a good question. I cut and pasted this from the "main" page:Package 1 Space 20 mb Bandwidth 500 mb Forum Credits Required 10 Package 2 Space 150 mb Bandwidth 5000 mb Forum Credits Required 30 [ Package 2 is our main DEFAULT Package ]I am not sure what they mean by "[ Package 2 is our main DEFAULT Package ]"

That is a good question.  I cut and pasted this from the "main" page:

Package 1 

Space 20 mb

Bandwidth 500 mb

Forum Credits Required 10

Package 2 

Space 150 mb

Bandwidth 5000 mb

Forum Credits Required 30

[ Package 2 is our main DEFAULT Package ]

I am not sure what they mean by "[ Package 2 is our main DEFAULT Package ]"

134550[/snapback]

I also saw that on the front page, but what confused me was what is written in the column next to that. It says:-

:: FREE WEB Hosting Features ::

Sub-Domain or Domain Hosting

Cpanel 9 [9.4.1-RELEASE 64]

Fantastico 2

50 - 250 mb space [ 50 mb provided initially ]

500 - 20,000 mb Bandwidth

I don't quite get it. What free web hosting package is that?

Some members have been provided with large amount of space and BW due to their help or may be because of an agreement of putting up banners. We will correct that text soon.. if it is causing such a lot of confusions.