xisto Community
iGuest

Which Anti-virus Is The Best?

Which anti-virus is the best?  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

ZoneAlarm Antivirus includes browser security features such as Advanced Download Protection; Detects the latest zero-day threats in downloads that you initiate--before they reach your computer, and heuristic analysis and program check. Additional layer of keylogger protection--encryption ensures only the intended application can read your keystrokes.

I used AVG free version before, than I changed to CA antivirus for another 6 month, finally switched to Kaspersky internet security suite, and I recommend the kaspersky. But since I already got a copy of trend micro internet security , I will give it a try since it seems gained popularity in enterprise envvironment.Also avast Free Antivirus is another choice if you dopn't want to spend on the software. It claims often outperforms our competitors´ paid products and is the minimum protection you should have — it provides great protection against viruses and spyware. But for best protection against the latest and constantly changing internet threats, upgrade to avast! Internet Security.AVAST Software to Offer Free Virtualization which seems a big boost??!!Anyone has good experience with it.

I used to use NOD32 for a lot of years and it was good for me, it's light and simple..The free solutions which I also tried are AVG, Avast and Avira, it's usually what I just recommend for people/friends, but personally if it's possible I always say that it's quite good to use Microsoft Security Essentials, which as I said before is not in the list.The new version released previous month seems to be better by the reviews, even though I noticed that my system started working a little bit slower, or maybe it's just me or something else that I installed, I am talking about Microsoft Security Essentials. What is good about it, is that it's free for home users who has valid Windows versions :P and it's light and seems to be working well..At my workplace we use Kaspersky license, but when scanning it really like to use your computer resources and it slows down the system, even though it seems it's the only good solution for big organizations, as Microsoft Security essentials is only good for home users :P

My Best Free AntiMalware SoftwareWhich Anti-virus Is The Best?

Here is my Free anti-malware software that I used in my computer:Free antivirus softwareAVG Free Edition 2011Good protection from a reputable vendor. What I especially like about this software is that it stays updated and scans in the background. Little user intervention is needed.Free spyware removal downloadMalwarebytes Anti-MalwareNeed to get rid of spyware? My current favorite malware detection and removal software is MalwareBytes. It is a free spyware removal tool, and they do have a pro version that you can consider.Free software to clean up temp files, and other surfing trails and debris.CCleanerIt is an application designed to optimize the performance of your PC by cleaning Windows registry regularly.Get rid of all those unnecessary files that slow your computer in just seconds.You can all download it here:http://www.200sharewarelinks.com/-

reply by Sanya01

What do you people think of "Microsoft Security Essentials". It is not included in the list so nobody can vote for it but my experience with it is absolutely awesome. I do have to connect a lot of USB sticks to my computer on daily basis and this means that the potential of getting infected is great. Before Microsoft security essentials, I used Avira free antivirus. It was also awesome but at times it became irritating with the ads and offers and upgrades and other stuff. And my personal experience with avira is that it is good as far as protection against viruses is concerned. Once you do get infected, it becomes useless. It has happened to me several times when I would be safe for many months but once I did get infection, I would have to format everything to get rid of the virus. I always used Avira when I was on windows xp but once I updated to windows 7, I shifted to the Microsoft security essentials.FIrst of all I didn't even know that an antivirus from microsoft's camp exists. It came to my knowledge by an accidednt but I tried it as soon as I came to know that it exists. And believe me I am extremely happy with how things have gone with Microsoft security essentials. It is not only good in protecting against infections but also performs brilliantly once you do get infected. I can say because it has happened to me once when my system got actually infected. But all I had to do was a complete scan and everything was clear. Before I used Microsoft security essentials, I had to renew my OS every 5, 6 months, formatting everything. But with microsoft security essentials installed, I am yet to renew my OS.

Avast definitely should have been on the voting options as well... I've been using Avast Free Edition for more than 5 years now and had no problem with it, only need to re-register every year... prior to that i used AVG Free Home Edition which is another great tool