xisto Community
lazyasada

Msn Bing

So has anyone heard of the new MSN search engine Bing?Well Bing is a new search engine from Microsoft. I hear it can do countless thing right from the actual search engine. I tried it out a couple of hours ago, and i don't really like it, might be because i am so used t google and not any other search engine like Yahoo, Bing, Etc.What are your thoughts about this new Bing?

Well, the search results are not that interesting. I still use google for web search. But I congratulate microsoft on creating such a useful image search and video serach. They are truly amazing.

Bings image search produce the most accurate search results ever seen. You can for example, only get black and white close up faces of babies. Try it. Now, if I had to get those results in Google, I would need to dig deep into the results to get to get something close as in search criteria.

And the live play of videos is awesome too, it plays a part of movie just by hovering on them. A very useful time saving feature.

That's the problem. We are so familiar with the pertinence of Google search results, that we are disappointed by the other ones, Yahoo or Lycos or Bing.Who does still remember AltaVista, which at his moment was the must for references searching?

I am not using Bing very ofter. But it might be my second choice besides Google. It might be a long way to go if Bing want to take up some Google's market share. But it is not totally impossible, as you know Microsoft is a very competitive company, it has its edge to make it one of the best search engines. Let's just wait and see what would happen next. As a matter of fact, for myself, I have great expect on Bing.

I am also accustomed to using Google for searching, but I am willing to give Bing a try when presented with the search box. ;)I like Bing's image search as it provides a continuous scrolling interface, but I can see how low-bandwidth users might dislike this. Also, Bing maps look pretty cool.

Did you hear about what Microsoft are trying to negotiate with Rupert Murdoch? They're trying to pay him to make all his online sites for all his media companies exclusively searchable on Bing and no others. Google are outraged by this, and so is everyone else, and I reckon if this actually goes ahead then murdoch's online visibility will rapidly deteriorate causing him to break the contract with Bing and pay a hefty penalty for doing so.

Who cares for murdoc's content if he signs deal like that ? he's making it hard for users to get it searched online. if the content is not searchable by multuiple search engines then it's not worth it anyway. many countries have google blocked so only way they can get some search is from yahoo or some local search engines. making content only searchable via bing makes it hard for many people. so it is like they are already sandboxed inside bing and any attempt of stopping others from content is like limiting traffic.

Who cares for murdoc's content if he signs deal like that ? he's making it hard for users to get it searched online. if the content is not searchable by multuiple search engines then it's not worth it anyway. many countries have google blocked so only way they can get some search is from yahoo or some local search engines. making content only searchable via bing makes it hard for many people. so it is like they are already sandboxed inside bing and any attempt of stopping others from content is like limiting traffic.

Well if the deal should actually go through then it could turn out that all content on the internet has some form of monetary value. Microsoft don't seem to realise the implications of their actions. If Rupert accepts their offer, soon all the major websites can start demanding money from search providers for including their websites on their web searches.

First,when google wasn't so popular,i used altavista search,after that,i changed to google,and probably won't change my home page for a while.It's the best search,and you all better be using it ;)Thanks...Eggie

There is something called Club Bing where you can play educational games that automatically search words on Bing. You can play the games and you get points that you can redeem for prizes. This is probably not a scam because Microsoft runs this but the prizes on the site aren't that interesting. Earning points is boring and hard. I don't find many of the games on that site fun. The game that probably earns the most is probably a game called Chicktionary which is one of those word scambler games. You have to find Anagrams from seven letters. It's just like Scrabble. I just google a scrabble solver on the internet to finish these in about 3-5 minutes. You get about twenty points per game. You can earn up to one thousand points a day. I don't think that it is worth it because most prizes are around thirty-thousand points. The shortest time in which you can get those prizes will be about a month. Each day in the month, you have to earn about a thousand tickets too which can take about 2-4 hours using my method.

There is something called Club Bing where you can play educational games that automatically search words on Bing. You can play the games and you get points that you can redeem for prizes. This is probably not a scam because Microsoft runs this but the prizes on the site aren't that interesting. Earning points is boring and hard. I don't find many of the games on that site fun. The game that probably earns the most is probably a game called Chicktionary which is one of those word scambler games. You have to find Anagrams from seven letters. It's just like Scrabble. I just google a scrabble solver on the internet to finish these in about 3-5 minutes. You get about twenty points per game. You can earn up to one thousand points a day. I don't think that it is worth it because most prizes are around thirty-thousand points. The shortest time in which you can get those prizes will be about a month. Each day in the month, you have to earn about a thousand tickets too which can take about 2-4 hours using my method.

If i'm not wrong then that offer is only for US/Canada users. right ?

If i'm not wrong then that offer is only for US/Canada users. right ?

Yes. Prizes are only available to United States Residents only...  on their website, it says that they are not planning to expand this service to other countries.  You must be a legal resident of the 50 United States and District of Columbia according to the terms and conditions.