xisto Community
yordan

What Is Your Printer Are you satisfied ?

I have a Epson Aculaser 900.I was very enthusiastic, it gave me very nice pictures and perfect texts with my XP computer.I was disappointed when I connected it to my new computer, which was bundled with Windows vista. There are no vista dirvers for the Aculaser 900. The last drivers are supposed to work, however it's not perfect. The printer prints, but it's not detected by Windows, which says "unable to detect the printer state". Which means that "paper out", "paper jam", "out of toner" informations are not available, and as they are no display on the printer itself, you can only guess, which I don't really appreciate. :o And you, are you satisfied with your printer ?

What I hate is the fact that when you buy a printer or a scanner, drivers are available for the current Windows version.After a couple of years the new computers have a new version of Windows, and the printer or scanner drivers are not available for that new version.

I have a good old Canon MP140 printer. It's one of those all-in-one machines (well, alomst) with a printer, scanner, and copier. So it's sans a fax machine, which I really don't need and don't want.

All in all, I'm pretty satisfied with it. It produces great quality prints and very high resolution scans under Windows XP (which is the only Operating System I've tried it under so far). My only problem with it is that it can be a trifle uneconomical as far as its ink is concerned. If I set its printing quality to medium, it can usually produce somewhere around 200 pages. I'm taking about the black ink cartridge, of course -- I never bothered to count its printing capacity with color prints.

Basically, if your printing needs are not particularly high, you'll probably love this trusty Canon MP140. Otherwise, I definitely wouldn't recommend for hardcore printing demands.

I use HP F4135 All-in-one Printer, I haven't been really dissatisfied with it in terms of printing quality considering its a budget printer. This printer though isn't for clean clean prints especially if you want the printer for printing pictures. Also it works for Vista so you shouldn't have problems setting it up. It also comes with some nifty software that makes it easy to use, also coming with the scanner makes it a perfect space saver. The amount it scans though is sorta limited.

I have stuck with HP for the past few years and my current printer is a HP Photosmart 1315. It does a good job printing but I’m not sure that I will get another HP. My biggest dissatisfaction is with the price of ink and the crummy drivers.The ink is nothing but a monopoly. HP puts smart chips in each ink cartridge so you can’t refill them yourself or use third-party cartridges. It’s the very pricy official HP or the road. There are ways around this but a company that puts “copy protection” on disposable items leaves a bad taste in my mouth. The second thing is the drivers. I used to be able to get the basic corporate drivers from the HP website but now even those are loaded with “extras” that are needed. The regular drivers that come on the CD are bloated and load all kinds of things in the background that’s not needed such as a customer feedback widget and an update widget that runs all the time.HP makes a good printer but I have also heard good things about Cannon lately. Most notable, they are going against the competition and selling cheep branded ink. If you are a casual printer then ink may not be a big concern but if you print a lot, certainly research ink prices before you buy.

I have a HP LaserJet 3052 as my multi-function black&white laser printer, while I also have a Epson Stylus Photo R390 for colour inkjet printing.The HP works fine, except for some occasionally startup issues fixed by restarting the machine. I particularly like the multi-function feature, allowing me to scan and photocopy pages.The Epson printer is excellent too, except for the fact that it was pulled from the printer lineup a few months after purchase.I would go for HP for laser printers and Epson for inkjet printers.

Edited by Atomic0 (see edit history)

I have an HP Laserjet4L in my room. It's utterly slow, but it prints and because it's such an incredibly simple printer it works on any os. Only downside is that it's not a USB printer :o .

Used to be just my HP Deskjet 722C before it's death in December 2008. It has since been replaced by my Samsung ML-1640 laser printer. It's a really good workhorse.I also have a photo printer ... the HP Photosmart C4180 All-in-One. It's more scanner than printer for me.xboxrulz

I have an HP Laserjet4L in my room. It's utterly slow, but it prints and because it's such an incredibly simple printer it works on any os. Only downside is that it's not a USB printer :o .

LaserJet 4L, ohh the memories. I remember working on these at a company I worked for as an intern 10 years ago. Even at that time they were being phased out for more modern printers. I remember that they were good printers but very big. Can you even get toner for these monsters anymore?

LaserJet 4L, ohh the memories. I remember working on these at a company I worked for as an intern 10 years ago. Even at that time they were being phased out for more modern printers. I remember that they were good printers but very big. Can you even get toner for these monsters anymore?

I have absolutely no idea, I've been working with this toner for a few years now :o .

@xboxrulez: I recently found a 720c in my storage, I must say ... it sucks :o .
I also had a 690c and a 890c in my storage.
I had to kick the hell out of the 690c before it stopped acting up and I think I bend the cartridge bar and now it's make a horrible sound, it's prints are crooked and it spits ink... but it still works. I've actualy kicked (and thrown around) a lot of old HP printers and I must say ... they are indestructable !!!

I have absolutely no idea, I've been working with this toner for a few years now :o .

@xboxrulez: I recently found a 720c in my storage, I must say ... it sucks :o .
I also had a 690c and a 890c in my storage.
I had to kick the hell out of the 690c before it stopped acting up and I think I bend the cartridge bar and now it's make a horrible sound, it's prints are crooked and it spits ink... but it still works. I've actualy kicked (and thrown around) a lot of old HP printers and I must say ... they are indestructable !!!

I would just send those ancient printers to the recycling centre for processing since I don't have that much room to put these junk.

xboxrulz

I got a HP OfficeJet J4550 All-in-One its acctully very nice and for the price iam happy i bought it. It has a fax and scanner in it and i got it for $70. The print speed is desent. and i havent had any problems with it.

I would just send those ancient printers to the recycling centre for processing since I don't have that much room to put these junk.
xboxrulz

That my biggest problem ... I DO have the room to store this junk :o . Few weeks ago I had 3 CRT screens, 4 printers, some PSUs, lots of old HDDs, 2 pda's, 2 19" switches, some cd-players, some older crap and even more older crap in my storage :lol: . I probably have enough junk to build 2-3 computers, a DX486, a PII and a PIII :lol: , the only thing that would be missing is a case for those pcs :o .
I threw away 1 printer, 1 CRT screen and I'm now using the 690c till it's (full) cartridge is empty (or the printer dies... which can't take a long time anymore ;) ).
Edited by wutske (see edit history)