xisto Community
yordan

Shout Flooding Is Enabled [solved] Please wait 11268 seconds

Here is what I saw when I tried to shout tonight :

Posted Image

Shout flooding is enabled. Please wait 11268 seconds before shouting again.

OK, I wanted to say "I feel sleepy, I go to bed". 11268 seconds later, I hope I will be sleeping since a long time! :o

Oh! Thats a way bit too much. 5 or 10 min would have been more than sufficient. I thought the system would be partial to moderators, but its treating everyone equally!Edit: Well, here I need another 8 posts to enter into the shoutbox.

Edited by Len (see edit history)

I had to break out my calculator to see that this is 7.825 days.

I estimated this ridiculous, so I took my own calculator and I found exactly the same result. Shame on me. :oBy the way, I see that my shouts are not spotted at a reasonable time, so maybe the shoutbox was sick, and maybe this was the cause of the trouble.
I see that the problem is currently solved, and we can shout again.

Doesn't 11268 seconds = 3.13 hours? (The 11268 is in seconds, not minutes. So, 11268 /60 /60 = 3.13) Anyway, the flood control is really to prevent people from spamming away in the shoutbox, and forcing users to 'think' about what they are about to right.

Doesn't 11268 seconds = 3.13 hours? (The 11268 is in seconds, not minutes. So, 11268 /60 /60 = 3.13) Anyway, the flood control is really to prevent people from spamming away in the shoutbox, and forcing users to 'think' about what they are about to right.

shame on me! I took my calculator again and found the same result as Atomic0. This prooves that, on May 7 2009, 10:30 PM, I was simply sleeping in front of my computer, typing random numbers on my calculator and posting random thinkings on the forum.