xisto Community
Cammy

Uni.cc Is Back Up! back after some downtime

After a few weeks of it not working http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ is back in business again. Ive been trying to access it every day Im online and got that rollout thing that was mentioned on another thread. Just thought I'd let everyone know.

UNI.CC was down for a LONG time. I would rather just pay for a domain than have an unreliable free domain. Domains are cheap anyway. I got mine at yahoo for $4.98. But that was a half price sale that is over now.

If you have parked your uni.cc domain even if their site went down, your domain will still be accessible. I hope that I can update my DNS again. Because .info domains for me looks not nice.

I have been using uni.cc for a long time but then suddenly it went off air... and I got a lot of mails saying that the site was not accessible. I had to then mail back that the complete address is ... but that wud be difficult to remember.. right..Hope that now it is back, it does not happen again.

Its not fully operational till April 5th a couple days, doesnt support DNS or hosting :) but you can redirect the uni doman to a trap sub or domain or other. My domain is fine now. I wasnt impressed it was down for a few weeks. Id like to purchase a dot com but I dont have a credit card. I need another option.

just borrow a credit card from someone and pay them the 10 bux. ask parents, friends, friends of friends, parents friends, etc. Someone is bound to have a credit card. Everyone I know has atleast 1. I myself have like 5 of them. It's not like it is a huge purchase. some places take paypal too but they usually charge more.

I have one but Im paying it off so I may as well say I dont have one. I bought my computer with it :) ya thats true. I can ask my brother, casue there are lots of great deals for .coms

is your card maxed out so that you can't put even $10 more dollars on there? You know that you can transfer money to a credit card at anytime. If you've got the $10 bux now (that you were gonna give your brother), you can simply put it on the credit card. Then you can buy it yourself.I don't really see the problem. unless you are a compulsive buyer and max your credit cards all the time. then, maybe you should stop using credit cards all together.

Godaddy (https://de.godaddy.com/) is a very excelent domain seller, they have cheap prices, and accept paypal, they also have good hosting, but it's expensive. If you need a DNS domain use .cjb.net, it's reliable, but it does have frequent DNS errors, so I guess it isn't quite so reliable after all...