xisto Community
goatroper57

Linksysy Wireless Pci Adapters Vs. D-link,netgear Or The Cheaper Ones need some info. on wireless pci adapters

hello all

ok heres what i need to know i have a Linksys WRT54G ver.6 router is what i want to know do any of the wireless pci adapters work with the router above or do i have to use a linksys adapter with it ive been lookin on ebay and most of the linksys ones are goin for around 30-35 bucks but i see cheaper ones in there to but iam not sure if thay would work with the router i have from what ive read in there specs that all look like there the same just different makers so please let me know if some one knows heres a few i looked at on ebay NETGEAR WG311 WIRELESS-G PCI ADAPTER BRAND NEW!!

NEW TRENDnet 54Mbps TEW-423PI Wireless G PCI Adapter NR

thanks

goatroper57/ron

name='yordan' date='Feb 13 2009, 09:42 PM' post='134788']

Why do you want a PCI adapter ? Currently the USB adapters are the cheapest ones because mostly sold to old laptop users.

iam not goin to use a pci adater after all i found out that i have to use a networking bridge with range extender antennas with a about 6" cable on them as iam useing two desktop pc's about 150-200 feet apart with two metal walls in between my house and workshop both have metal outer walls i talked to linksys thay told me to use the network bridge with the range extender antennas but iam not sure what antennas i can use i found these on ebay below so if you can tell me witch one i should use that would be a great help

thanks

goatroper/ron

Wi-Fi Booster Antenna Extender 5 times Original Range

Item number: 370159046507

10dbi Range Extender Antenna with SMA connector and stand

Item number: 370158949734

wireless 7dbi rangerextender antenna FR PCI card/router

Item number: 250372490728

<H1 class=itemTitle> </H1>

Has anybody used a Gsky wireless adapter on an Xbox360?Linksysy Wireless Pci Adapters Vs. D-link,netgear Or The Cheaper OnesI'm trying to install a Gsky wireless adapter on my Xbox360. According to the manufacturer it is possible. I put the software CD in the Xbox console and cannot get it to read so I can install the drivers. How do I get the console to recognize the disk? Has anyone out there installed this successfully yet?-question by MLoisKeywords: