xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Hotmail in foreign language Live Hotmail Problems ...

Hotmail in foreign languageLive Hotmail Problems ...

Since yesterday my Hotmail format is Japanese or Chinese.  All the messages are in English but the Inbox and other categories and all the pull downs are in Japanese or Chinese.  I tried killing cookies and restart.  Also when you logout it takes you to http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/; I think that's the Chinese website.

- Jerry Logreco

Keywords:

To get the full english verson of Msn Messenger 8.0 or a lesser verson. You must pick the right website in your language aka : this website https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/18614/windows-essentials will download the full english verson of messenger including hotmail.
you can tell what the language of the website is by looking at the end of it eg: co.uk is english eg2: .de which is Dutch. and so on

Hope this helped.

Did you sign up to Live Hotmail originally through the Chinese version of the site, or login using the Chinese portal?If not, you should try and change the country setting in the Options or Account Information settings of Live Hotmail at: account.live.com . The reason why deleting the cookies did not work is because the settings are stored on the Microsoft servers hosting Live Hotmail, with cookies being created everytime you log back into Live Hotmail.

check your embedding 

Let me make some assumptions. First I am assuming you are accessing Hotmail through your web browser and not the Live desktop client. The second is that you haven’t checked the language settings.From the Hotmail homepage after you have logged into your account:1. Click “Options” and then “More Options”2. Under “Customize your mail” click “Select language”3. Check “English” (fifth option for me) and then “Save” (which is the left most button in the bottom right corner).Sorry if this doesn’t fix your problem but I saw it when looking for an option to turn on SSL all the time today. If anyone knows how to keep Hotmail in an SSL connection even after login I would appreciate the help.