xisto Community
TavoxPeru

See What Content You Have For Any Given Keyword

Here is a quick and easy way to see what content you have or even your competitors for any given keyword phrase using the Google Toolbar or the Google's search box. In your Google toolbar or the search box on Google.com type in:

site:website.com Keyword Here

This way you can see how much content you have and how much content your competitors have and create a plan to build your content and beat them out.

So for example if you wanted to search CNN website -because it is your competitor- to see how many pages refer to election you would type:

site:http://edition.cnn.com/ election

Best regards,

I thought almost everyone knew of this particular Google "hack", so to speak. I've been using it for quite some time, mainly to function as a searching tool for sites that lack good searching functions. Google does seem to function quite well in that respect, better than most sites that have programmed their own native search engine. Though, I suppose that's to be expected since their entire business is about search.I'm not sure why you'd check your competitor's websites like that though--it's far more important to focus on the content than just on the keyword level within the content. I'm pretty sure those large news (especially ones with a print version) sites don't spend their times analyzing how many words of a certain kind to put into their content. That's for people who are obsessed with SEO and frankly, have crappy websites that aren't promotable without SEO. If your content is appealing, it'll get the needed backlinks and move up the ranks. Moreover, I think if you really wanted to do SEO effectively, just using Google's site:something.com keyword isn't going to cut it. There are better tools out there that do more detailed analyzing for the sole purpose of this, and it's better to use those instead.

I thought almost everyone knew of this particular Google "hack", so to speak. I've been using it for quite some time, mainly to function as a searching tool for sites that lack good searching functions. Google does seem to function quite well in that respect, better than most sites that have programmed their own native search engine. Though, I suppose that's to be expected since their entire business is about search.

I don't know if almost everyone knew this "hack", my purpose was to show an easy and simple way to do it, and BTW i use it in the same way as you do.

I'm not sure why you'd check your competitor's websites like that though--it's far more important to focus on the content than just on the keyword level within the content. I'm pretty sure those large news (especially ones with a print version) sites don't spend their times analyzing how many words of a certain kind to put into their content. That's for people who are obsessed with SEO and frankly, have crappy websites that aren't promotable without SEO. If your content is appealing, it'll get the needed backlinks and move up the ranks. Moreover, I think if you really wanted to do SEO effectively, just using Google's site:something.com keyword isn't going to cut it. There are better tools out there that do more detailed analyzing for the sole purpose of this, and it's better to use those instead.

The main reason to check your competitors websites using this kind of search is to view quickly if for some keywords your competitors have a better rank than you have, and thus be able to decide whether it is worth to optimize your website for those keywords with good content of course.
Best regards,

I knew about this hack and I tried more google features like that, but I usually just tried them and thats all, the only one I got used to use is convert, where you can convert different things without even trying to think, for example:convert 100 cm to mgoogle will show you the result, even though this might look simple, but when you need to convert to eV electron Volts as I know in English, very useful and you don't need to install anything, even though I saw other sites offering such services to convert, but google seems to be the fastest way when you know what it can do. ;]