xisto Community
wutske

Can't Add Smb Printer due to password

This is the situation. I have a HP Laserjet connected to my main pc which runs windows XP. I have this printer shared so I could use it on my laptop (laptop doesn't have ltp port ;) ), but I can't seem to add it because my password contains an '@' .
The problem is that you usualy add an smb printer as

smb://username:password@host/printername

so what I get is
smb://my_name:my@containingpassword@1.1.1.1/HPLaserJet4L

Obviously, two @ in the url aren't possible, so my question is, is there another way to pass the password ?

Did you try protecting your @ by a \ ?I would try the following :smb://my_name:my\@containingpassword@1.1.1.1/HPLaserJet4LIf not, try with quotes :smb://my_name:"my@containingpassword"@1.1.1.1/HPLaserJet4LI didn't have this kind of problem yet, but this is the way I would try to workaround it.Of course, another way of cheating is creating another real user, with a very complicated password (without the @ sign) on the Windows machine. Then, from your laptop, you could use this username:password (for instance demo:demo) for attaching the printer.RegardsYordan