xisto Community
pumbles

Cern 'black Hole Creator'

I think that something that can suck (by gravity) all the free floating electrons from a conductive object (metal/electronic) would be a more effective weaponary device. Imagine stripping a country of it's ability to use any from electronic technology. I think that would take the EPM to the next level. But how would you turn it off -- easy just move it away. *nah* I'm just guessing. ;)

i dont really know what to say about it...are they crazy or is this only a joke?

Who are you asking if they are crazy ? The people posting answers to this topic ? The TV comments for non-scientists ? Or the scientists by themselves ?Remember that there is an important gap between what the scientists are doing (high energy heavy ions collision in order to measure the stable energy levels in some parts of the atoms) and the extrapolations some comments could add in order to make this kind of things more exciting for people like us.

Is this just a waste of billions of dollars, a valuable scientific experiment, or a genuine risk of creating a chain reaction which will ultimately destroy the earth?
Could this even be the answer to the creation conundrum?

This experiment could perhaps confirm the big bang theory, and the existence of black holes, either of which could have tremendous ramifications. It could justify the belief in God, or further weaken that belief.

Personally, I think it is just a vast toy for scientists to play with.

Oh wow! I was wondering when they were going to start the experiments. It will be interesting to watch and follow along with their results. Thanks for the heads up. I will definetely be following this one.

The black holes and Higgs boson alike will both probably decay before they can take pictures of it. It's something like 600 300megapixel pictures a second, and they know what the decay from Higgs looks like.Decay = Unstable, breaking into smaller, more normal, longer lasting stuff.