xisto Community
Animator

New Tutorials Have Issues Before they are approved tutorials show up, and with confusing errors

I recently decided to put up a new tutorial. I understand that new tutorials need to be approved before they show. Don't mind that at all.

However - I noticed in the bottom area of "new topics" my tutorial is already showing. Clicking it get the error...

> Board Message
Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.
The error returned was:

Sorry, some required files are missing, if you intended to view a topic, it's possible that it's been moved or deleted. Please go back and try again.

I'm thinking this is kind of odd. My tutorial simply hasn't been approved yet. This error makes it look like the tutorial was denied or that there is something wrong in the works. Can we make it so that preapproved topics simply don't show?

I guess you are talking about this topic : http://forums.xisto.com/topic/95986-topic/?findpost=1064393013 ?
Well, maybe also the tutorial specification page was not clear enough.

4. Keep in mind that your Tutorial WILL NOT BE VISIBLE till it is read and approved by one of our moderators. Till then, be patient and try to avoid double posting.

This means that, at creation time, the topic exists, but can only be seen by moderators and administrators, until it has been approved. Before approval, the topic is still in the "new topic" list (where it should be, because it's a new topic) but you cannot see it because you don't have permissions on this topic.So, the error message is somehow confusing, the error message should not say "sorr, error", it should say "sorry, not approved yet".
However, this problem occurs only on "not approved yet" tutorials, so, once you know the trick you are not trapped any more.
By the way, that's a way of knowing if your approval is still pending : bookmark this link, and as soon as your tutorial will be approved, it will replace the error message.