xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Lydubs1405241537

Water Cleaning Car

OK, I've heard about the new car that uses water for fuel instead of gas, and I think it's a great idea. It's just that... it releases water vapor into the air, I believe, and won't that cause it to rain a lot? It could quite possibly drown us all!! So I have a modification to this car that could possibly make it a little better.Alright... this invention would use the same concept as the water vapor making car, only it also cleans the water making it able to be drunk by who ever is in the car. This car uses dirty water, salt water, contaminated water, tap water, or whatever kind of water you want it to use. The engine gets its power from the water purifier inside the car that cleans the water and the energy from it powers the engine and runs the car. The purified water is shot up through a tube into the seating area inside the car into a water cooler like jug. Then the driver of the car may enjoy a nice drink of water while he or she drives!One other thing. What happens to the contamination from the water after it is cleaned? This is what happens to the contamination from the water after it is cleaned. It could be sent to its own chamber to be burned for more fuel! Although, that would mean the smoke would have to come out of the car and into the air and up to the o-zone eventually, which is definitely not what we want. Perhaps the contamination bits are just thrown away? Not exactly sure how we'd get rid of it in an efficient way... If you have an idea for it, please post it here and we can discuss it!This car may help solve a lot of problems. The gas shortage and terribly high price problem, the dirty, polluted water problem, and most importantly... drivers could get a nice drink whenever they needed it!If you find any flaws with my car invention, please post them here! Also, tell me how you liked it, if it was too complex, too simple, or whatever you can find wrong with it!!

No it can go to your windshield wiper fluid tank. Or maybe be using in some kind of hydro hydraulic brakes or suspension system. Then squirk your tires for wet traction issues. It will eventually be harnessed somehow to cool your engine or some type of hydro-cooled air intake. HMMM.... If you can cool your PC, think about cooling (overclocking... LOL) car. There are heaps of benefits to driving a cool vehicle.

I believe what you are talking about is one of the hydrogen based cars. Searching Google for âwater based carâ will get several interesting results including those clearly aimed at taking your money and not you for a ride. One that appears somewhat creditable is at Engadget (https://www.engadget.com/2008/06/13/genepax-shows-off-water-powered-fuel-cell-vehicle/).The bottom line is that this technology is not impossible but up until now has been impractical because converting the hydrogen from water has been more costly and inefficient than gasoline. In fact, the space shuttle carries little to no water because it is so heavy. What they do have is two massive oxygen and hydrogen tanks and they make the water while in space. The reverse is also possible (making hydrogen and oxygen from water) and has been know since the invention of electricity (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electrolysis_of_water) and (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page Electrolysis). Another obstacle to hydrogen cars is the combustible nature of hydrogen. Gasoline is also flammable but it doesnât hold a candle to hydrogen, especially when under pressure.There may be a day when we run our cars on water or more specifically hydrogen but that day is still many (perhaps 10-30) years away. Currently it takes more energy to create the hydrogen then consuming it produces. Until the production of hydrogen drops, water cars will be impractical.