xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
dravid1405241559

Somebody Steal Your Blog?

I am sure that this plugin doesn't do anything to stop someone from stealing or hijacking your blog. It is more a tool for requiring phone confirmation as part of the user login system, which I personally think it is highly unnecessary and would probably drive the site's visitors away.

why would'nt someone just copy your RSS feeds? forget installing a plugin to steal someone elses blog, when you can manipulate RSS to have your own style / prefixes and whatnot on it.

There are many solutions to stop people from copying content from your blog. You can install "no-right click" plugin or avoid copying your RSS feed. You can also post summary in it that makes it impossible to copy. Like this you can do a lot of things to your blog to save it from hackers and plagiatists. So instead of plugins you can secure the wordpress in any other way.

Phonefactor is more of a pain than solution. I mean if there is no range in area near you then phone factor plugin is likely to stop you from login. So it's not a good form of security. You need to choose alternatives instead of using such plugin. There are some security tips like disable folder browsing of the site, you can use such tips to stop hackers or people from browsing your site or sites folders. I don't know how much care we have to do but surely you need to do much more than just stopping them at login.