xisto Community

Does anyone believe in this. I was always curious to know how they came up with the daily readings. I know there is more than one. I usually read it daily on MSN, and surprisingly when i read it at night, it always seems to relate to something that i did during the day. I think that this is all just a bunch of crap really, and theres so much of a population on earth that you can make general assumptions, and when people see something that might be just a little related they tend to take it very personally and hold on to it. Any opinions, or strong believers?

I am not one to judge on a lot of topics, and this is one of them. I think it should not be taken as serious as it is, and I think the same of Tarot. I think it was fine at one time going to a corner fortune teller for a quick fix on how you need to live your life...I think that people like to take what they want from horoscopes. Maybe if you are not worried about how it will turn out, or if it is a little negative, then it is just set aside... But when it seems to be positive, or even a bit close to what you are going through, then it is a miracle reading.My wife enjoys finding out on a few horoscopes, but then I have seen so many things revolve around it. I think it is like Miss Cleo on TV, taking up too much space... I have been interested in finding if Aries and Capricorn are compatible... but I think it is coincidence... But that is just my opinion.It is like the messages of fortune cookies, I just find the entertaining thought behind it, but wouldn't put a whole lot past it. But if you all get what you want and need out of it, then so be it!That is all...

You make something vague enough and generally people will make the link to whatever it is and themselves. This is a common trick among con artist. Case in point. There was a show on TV (sci-Fi channel maybe) a while back where some guy allegedly spoke to the crowds dearly departed. The guy was almost funny to watch as he was so vague someone in the audience was bound to think he was talking about them. From there he he simply gave vague hints and then audience filled in all the details and still thought somehow he was in contact with the dead. Unrelated Stry: When my wife was pregnant we ate at Chinese restaurant where she opened an empty fortune cookie. She is not superstitious in the least but odd things can affect a pregnant woman.

Does anyone believe in this. I was always curious to know how they came up with the daily readings.

I don't really believe 100% of horoscope. But there's scientific explanation to it. I've read somewhere, that horoscope is about the position of extra-terrestrial planet or stars around us and how it effect us. When we're born with specific group of stars nearer to us, it actually affect how we behave mentally and emotionally. Something to do with mind wave. That's why horoscope is based upon stars name and it's appearance during the time of the year. How they come out with what will happen to you everyday, that's a bit far fetch. Like Darasen said, ppl just fill in the blanks on those vague hint.

Maybe there are some serious things about those horoscopes, the planets and stars, but most of those everyday horoscopes are just crap, you can mix them or random them and people will still stick to them, most of them just read them for fun, but maybe some people take it quite seriously, I even started laughing, when my friend told me, that my friend from school times today works as horoscope writer and he wasn't anything like horoscopes guy, he just writes them with some common rules for crap horoscopes :)

I don't really believe 100% of horoscope. But there's scientific explanation to it. I've read somewhere, that horoscope is about the position of extra-terrestrial planet or stars around us and how it effect us. When we're born with specific group of stars nearer to us, it actually affect how we behave mentally and emotionally. Something to do with mind wave. That's why horoscope is based upon stars name and it's appearance during the time of the year. How they come out with what will happen to you everyday, that's a bit far fetch. Like Darasen said, ppl just fill in the blanks on those vague hint.

Uhm.. I am going to go out on a limb and make the assumption if you read such a thing it was in the weekly world news next to the article about the lady who gave birth to Godzilla's love child. Sorry there is absolutely positively zero science whatsoever involved in astrology.

Let's look at the facts for a moment. Selecting the first constellation that comes to mind is Taurus. The nearest star in Taurus is about 45 light years away. The brightest is 65 light years away and the fourth brightest is 417 light years away. For the sake of example I will use the closest star 10 Tauri at 45 light years away. Also to simplify lets us pretend the star in question is on a flat flat plane with that of out solar system, (it isn't). So the star is 45 light years from ours the Sun. That comes out to 425,732,871,266,136 Kilometers.

Next lets look at Earth. Out planet is about 149,597,870,691 kilometers from the sun. We can round that up to a tidy 150 million. Since we are pretending that earths orbital plane and and 10 Tauri line up that gives us a maximum variance of 300 million Km.

So if you do the math Earth would only vary in distance from 10 Tauri less than 1 one-millionth of the total distance. By comparison saying the tiny distance variance between the two bodies is very much like trying to read a sign 1 kilometer away then moving 1 millimeter closer to see better.

This of course completely ignores the silliness of things like "brain waves" and is just to point out that our movement in the universe is really insignificant.

Personally, I don't believe in horoscopes, and I don't know anyone who does, I just read them if they are in magazines or something for personal entertainment. There is a process behind generating them, loosely based on the stars' and constellations' location at a certain time of year, but they are all different because a majority of it is based on the writer's whim. In the past when I've read my horoscope, sometimes I've been able to draw a connection (a pretty loose one, at that) with some part of the horoscope, but other times it's been completely random. Most of it is just superstition, and messing with psychology, and I have nothing against those who do believe in horoscopes, but if you see a connection to your life, it's almost definitely because it's an extremely broad definition which has a high chance of somehow encapsulating some aspect of just about anyone's life.

They are very vague but isn't it curious how their general profiles seems to be point-blanc? Okay... maybe just in my experience. I used to check readings every now and then but I don't bother anymore. While I find the character profiles interesting, I really couldn't care less about their 'fortune telling.' Just a bunch of pish-posh if you ask me.

Horoscope may have shaky credibility but they are undoubtedly interesting.The construction of a horoscope can have different influences in different places. In the south Asian countries, it is more determined on the basis of the time and place of birth, yet the interpretations are varied and unique in accordance with that respective community. What our community considers as base for a horoscope is somewhat unreasonable for me, they take earth as the center of the universe and assume that all the other celestial bodies revolve around it, exerting influence over the pattern of life that human beings are supposed to have. This fact makes it doubtful to me that a horoscope can be relied upon.