xisto Community
RunninXC

Free Ftp Clients? What to use?

Wich ftp client do you use ?  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

What FTP clients available free online have people here used? I've used some in the past although I can't think of what they are called off the top of my head. I remember using some both good (easy to use and fast) and bad (rather annoying or needlessly difficult to use), so any tips on what to use?I'm just looking for one that's fast, easy to use-a nice good simple enter the FTP server info, drag or click the file/directory to upload and hit a button and there it goes).

I use core-ftp on windows, it's good and reliable, however it's not always the best choice, fireftp is a better one. For linux, fireftp is again a good choice, as I've used it a lot before and found it great.

I always use Filezilla for accessing my FTP accounts, it works quick and is completely free (and is regularily updated).

i used almost every ftp client..

but i like and i use flashfxp today
but it depends.. ftp clients it's "personalized" for each person.. i think like this

i can use on.. but you could like another..

FlashFXP is a FTP (File Transfer Protocol) client for Windows, which offers the easiest and fastest way to transfer any file between your local computer and a server on the Internet, or even directly between two servers using Site to Site transfers. Available in over 20 languages. FlashFXP offer security, performance, and reliability that you can always count on to get your job done quickly and efficiently.

I think it's secure too!

Try some FTP clients. =P

Simple. Free. Filezilla.The only annoying thing, which is the catch-22, is that they update it very often, like multiple times per month, which means you'll get a message every so often letting you know there is an updated version available, and you have to download it and update your copy. Other than that, excellent program and couldn't recommend it any more highly!

I rather enjoy FireFTP since it's integrated with the Firefox browser so I don't have to open more windows. Of course, you might not want so many bloated things clogging up Firefox. If I had to go with a client that's not browser-based, I'd go for either Filezilla or SmartFTP (if you're using Windows). I've also heard some nice things about CuteFTP, but I've never used it.

Also, here's a list of FTP clients that you might want to take a look at: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_FTP_clients Personally I'd say the list is a bit too long to really be able to pick a good one...but who knows?

I also agree that simple, fast and free is Filezilla, I am using it and I forgot all other FTP Clients out there for Windows, even though the Updates are quite frequently and you need to update, but that isn't necessary like with say Apex DC++ which when it updates, you need to update, because it doesn't let to use that version for a reason like "this version has a major flaw for other users" or something like that, for Filezilla updates, most of them can be ignored if you don't have time to update :mellow:

i like FileZilla ftp most becauseit is the fastest i have use pigFTP before it i is very slow compared to FileZilla so i will recommand FileZilla as it have full source code in sourceforge and it is a free ware any one uses it before could you share?regards

As Miles does, I am also using Core FTP, it works well enough for me and its pretty simple to use, it just resembles the basic funtionality of Microsofts File Explorer (Drag and Drop, Copy and Paste, etc.).

I use FireFTP if I need to upload things like images and other files, I think it is awesome. I used to use AceFTP but that kept freezing so I switched. I also use the command line ftp command but that doesn't offer drag and drop or other things (it's fast though).For my HTML/CSS/PHP/XML files that I edit in Notepad++, I just use Notepad++'s built-in FTP plugin. On Linux, you can also configure Nautilus (on GNOME) or Konqueror (on KDE) to resemble a graphical FTP explorer that you can drag and drop files in.

Filezilla is definitely the best free FTP client. It has pretty much all the features you need and is free, speedy and works great. If you use Mozilla firefox you could try the addon FireFTP which is also decent for normal purposes.

What FTP clients available free online have people here used? I've used some in the past although I can't think of what they are called off the top of my head. I remember using some both good (easy to use and fast) and bad (rather annoying or needlessly difficult to use), so any tips on what to use?
I'm just looking for one that's fast, easy to use-a nice good simple enter the FTP server info, drag or click the file/directory to upload and hit a button and there it goes).

I use filezilla in both linux and windows. Its clean fast and has regular updates.