xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
serverph

Brain Chip Reads Man's Thoughts want one? :P

Mind over matter: He can think his TV on and off, change channels and alter the volume thanks to the technology and software linked to devices in his home.

Read the article in full here:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/4396387.stm

my thoughts (without the benefit of a brain chip as of yet B)):

amazing! and immensely beneficial for people who have lost their motor skills. but will it remain in the threshold of use by paralyzed people only? will there come a time when even non-paralyzed people can have implants such as this, for the sheer pleasure of having the capacity to control mechanical devices by way of thought, like a neat party trick one can hide 'under one's sleeve'? "Hey, look! I will think of a number, and see it flash on screen!" :)

even if you don't need it, would you consider having a brain chip to read your thoughts and control external objects? it's possible, right? of course i just gave a mundane example above, but what would you do if you have some power over matter with your mind? :)

I don't think that I would feel comfortable with something like that in mybrain. What if something malfunctions with the chip? Even if nothing malfunctions, I still wouldn't want one. I think that their taking technology too far. I understand that it could be benefitial for people who can't use their arms or legs, but it also has downsides. With something like this, people would become lazy. I don't really feel like going through the all of the downsides. Just my opinion.

i'm pretty sure if i were paralyzed, i'd be closely watching this. i mean, we wouldn't be able even use a computer if paralyzed, life would be completely different. good for them. i can just see it now, though, you get spam or some crap in your brain ... or someone sending signals to make your body do something, and there's nothing you can do about it. sounds like a science fiction book or something.

i'm pretty sure if i were paralyzed, i'd be closely watching this.  i mean, we wouldn't be able even use a computer if paralyzed, life would be completely different.  good for them.  i can just see it now, though, you get spam or some crap in your brain ... or someone sending signals to make your body do something, and there's nothing you can do about it.  sounds like a science fiction book or something.

66843[/snapback]

that's really scary. it can also make you kill even if you don't like to do it.

You have got to be kidding, thats downright scary stuff! Can you imagine what could happen if people could read your mind? KFC would be out of business :)

Really are you believing all this stuff? Well I know that technology is rapidly being improved but I think that the era that we'll have the ability to put micro-chips in our heads is far far away. Maybe by the year 2597 the surgery will have the ability to put on you neon lights in order to be cool!!!? :)

Really are you believing all this stuff?

Well I know that technology is rapidly being improved but I think that the era that we'll have the ability to put micro-chips in our heads is far far away. Maybe by the year 2597 the surgery will have the ability to put on you neon lights in order to be cool!

!!? :)

67436[/snapback]

No, I think it's much closer than that. Not just based on this article, but on numerous articles that I have read in the past about microchips in the brain. Imagine what they

could do if they had someone implant microships into their brain. They could read someone's thoughts and do whatever they want with them (ie. brainwashing). They could make someone think the way they want him/her to think! And when I say "they" I mean the government, large companies, etc. It's pretty scary stuff if you ask me. It's

like a sci-fi movie, but it's actually real.

In future, humans are bio-computers..We all might be robots.. Image an OS installed to your brain..Invincible "harddisk" that you cannot buy...And, the future army will be overpowerful.. Imagine autofire of a machine gun once a soldier sees an enemy...?This soldier don't even have to touch that gun, he "thinks" to fire the weapon...Scary rather...

Inspiron, while rather exaggerated, brings up a good point. I've heard of cyborg implants that will do similar things, and that private weapons companies are developing them now. If things like that were made, it would cause some pretty deep scars. But then again, we can always fry them all with EMP's.And that brings up -another- topic. EMP warfare. Once terrorists get a brain, and learn that they can use EMP to take out power grids of major economical and political centers, what are we gonna do about that? That's the scary part.

i want to make in silico brain chip, how it is possible?

Brain Chip Reads Man's Thoughts

I want to ask you about the protocol of brain chp, if I want to develop only the architectural view in my computer, because to develop it in invitro.

Reply soon

-question by bhaskar