xisto Community
sparkx

Strange Errors With Servers?

Well I guess some of the errors could be from my browser or the gamma server but I have had some strange things happen.
Anyway as some of you may know, I am working on a small site were it is possible to save data in a MySQL database. Anyway while using Opera web browser I get a sever connection lost error while I am inserting or updating some of my values (other browsers (IE explorer est.) take a long time to re-connect but they eventually load the page). Now this was driving me crazy because it would work on about half the values and not on the other. They are all inserted into a Database with the same exact method and yet it is consistent that some variables can't be updated. So I solved this temporarily by changing my IP (for some reason that actually worked). Then I got an even odder error.

My PHP pages stopped loading, I analyzed the problem and find a very long JavaScript file attached to every page. Here is a small section:

<script type="text/javascript" language="javascript"> onloadevent_E850A1B8F15A48e9BD405A67D067013E = window.onload; window.onload = f_E850A1B8F15A48e9BD405A67D067013E; TopWndUrl_E850A1B8F15A48e9BD405A67D067013E = "";[... then a very long js file ...]} //if(str[i] == '/') } //for(i = 0; i < str.length; ++i) return str2;   } //function GetDomain_24578457887(str)</script>

I may be wrong but I don't remember programming anything even close to this. Has anyone had a similar error? If so how did you fix it? Could it be a server update? I just wanted to bring this to the Admins attention. I am on the gamma server (so you could look at recent changes).

Thanks,
Sparkx

Edit: Spelling
Edited by sparkx (see edit history)

Lately I've been having heaps of problems with the server. MySQL is always dying on me and things take so long to load and sometimes won't load. Ever since I opened my site a few days ago its been dying every like ten minutes. Along with me, the people that go on my site find it quite annoying. After my site comes back up it still takes a few minutes for the database to work again. I use Joomla so I can't even see my site without the database working!

Are you perhaps using a free domain service such as *.tk? Because they tend to add code to pages in order to insure you aren't avoiding advertisements or something like that.

I am not using any other domain at all just sparkx.astahost.com, its definatly the server. I happen to know that yordan is also on gamma server. I look at yordan.astahost.com, viewed source and look at end some long javascript file just like I have. I would post the entire thing here but just visit on of the websites above and view source then scroll down to the bottom.Also, one of the pages that wasn't even loading before started working again.Unless you are planning to add advertisments on the site I don't see why we need this long code... After looking through it, this javascript file seems to have urls to adult sites (not something I want even in the source of my site). I don't really think it is doing anything but maby someone could give it a look.Thanks,Sparkx

its definatly the server

Just to verify that it's the server, could you do the following :1) Use mysql to do a complete backup of your database (which will raise a lot of "read").
2) verify that you don't have the "drop database" instructio in the backup sql file.
3) Create a dummy database (name it sparkx_dummy), and re-load the backup into the dumy database, which will raise a lot of "writes"). If this is successful, this is not a server problem.
If this fails, this is a server problem : give us the link to the backup.sql file, and the admins have to have a look and fix the problem.

I don't really see exactly how moving the database would help the errors I am getting. It seams almost like Opera reaches the server timeout only it is more of a 404 page. It started working again then it stopped then it started (on and off all day). I’m not exactly sure what server connection lost means. For the other error (JavaScript), it is happening on all the pages...I think I was wrong about it being the server. It looks this JavaScript file is on all the files (even ones that aren't on Xisto's server). So I checked if I got it on other web browser and sure enough there is that JavaScript file at the end (on both Opera and IE explorer). Could it be a setting on my rougher? I changed a few things on it a few weeks ago or could it be a virus on my computer. The only things I have downloaded recently are SpybotSD and a few portable files (for my flash drive). Does anyone know what could have caused this?Thanks,SparkxAlso: If these error are not related to Xisto then could an admin move this topic.

I don't really see exactly how moving the database would help the errors

My idea was not "moving" the database, my idea was forcing a lot of activity on your database, reading the whole database and writing on another database. If the server had problems, this test wouch put it in evidence.

If these error are not related to Xisto then could an admin move this topic

The place of the post is not really important, if we find where the error is we will consider moving the post. The most urgent action is finding where the problem is coming from, and I'm afraid it's in your code. Unfortunately I know nothing in javascript, so I cannot fix it.