xisto Community
mikesoft

Help! Usb Flash Drive windows doesnt recognize it anymore...

USB not recognizedHelp! Usb Flash Drive

I send an antivirus from my PC to 256 MB kingstone pendrive. Then inserted in another PC to installed the software , but it simply didnot show the drive. I think it was computer's fault and inserted in my first PC, but to my great disappointment it was not detecting the drive which it did just before 2 minutes. Then I tried it plugging and unplugging for several times but all in vain! Then I wandered in net to see if any help exists there , tried few of them and  at last , being unsuccessful, simply crashed it by stone!

flash driveHelp! Usb Flash Drive

I was working with my hard drive this morning and some how I tried to same another document later during the date but the USB port does not reconized I tried another computer but  I getting the same error message I getting some F drive pops and is empty. What should I do?

-reply by Oscar

This post might not be too old as such in this thread.

Here is my obsevertion

I have burned myny and am not burning any flash drives anymore becouse,I realise it, when my laptop Acer Asphire 5520 had no difficulties ditecting all these flash drives untill after I had used them in my desktop.

After my desktop had faile to recorgonise the drives I though I was wrong traying to fix the problem by removing and reinserting them and with the same error report "the USB...Connected is not recorgonised..." then I discover it was not also working with my laptop when I reinserted it in the usb-drive on my laptop. "the inserted...Is not be recorgonise" this is the sign you will see when your drives got burned with some PC.

Please carefully remove the flash drives immeditely you see this error mesage don't try to fix it, by removing it and refixing it you will be flash drive burn victim. I'am a vitim of burned flash-drives.

Not edited

-reply by Blackmagma

ram usb stik back to lifeHelp! Usb Flash Drive

I have 2 memory stiks, 1 gig  and  8 gig, after about 2 months , there leds where still flashing

a insertion but 0 memory.

Note :"" it may work again but you will not recover what was on the stik since it will be formatted! ""

I went in XP control panel, administrator tool, computer managment , disk managment,

you should see your usb disk but unalocated. Clik right mouse, new partition  , next,

format fat 32, allocation 4096 , give a name. In my case the usb disk was back and working

hoping it will work for you !

-reply by Dennis